The truth about Behringer

- ask away
hum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

The truth about Behringer

Post by hum »

Hello everyone,

I recently signed up here on the forum. I have visited this website a few times and think that it is time to sign up! :)

Well, as my topic states, I thought that we could discuss the "truth" about Behringer studio effects? are they really as bad as most people say? I myself have no effects from Behringer, so I could not express my view. But for those of you who have or have had any of them could share the experience?

I have been reading around a little bit on the Internet and some people believe that Behringer did good stuff for several years ago. To then become a company that mass produces effects that sounds sh!t?

Let me hear your thoughts!

/ hum
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

imo they never made anything that is GOOD, some of their gear might be OK but nothing more than that.
they use cheap components for their gear which whats make them bad in quality. their stuff isnt built to last.
i dont get why people buy cheap stuff and they complain when its not high quality or brake fast.
you get what you pay for.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Stomper wrote:imo they never made anything that is GOOD, some of their gear might be OK but nothing more than that.
they use cheap components for their gear which whats make them bad in quality. their stuff isnt built to last.
i dont get why people buy cheap stuff and they complain when its not high quality or brake fast.
you get what you pay for.
yeah but i think you get a lot in some cases in that price range....
Wrong they have made great stuff!! their BCR controller is frickin genius. Too hype this up even more Hawtin still uses a BCF for the huge plastic man show.

The DEQ is awesome too... sound pretty good ... my friend uses one to calibrate his $15,000 sound system.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DEQ2496.aspx

anyways... back on topiic. effects!? i have no idea.
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

bcr would be genius if it don't feel like a 5$ toy. I have a love/hate relation with this, features are great but the knobs feel horrible.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i know a few people who own the patch bay. seems ok and better value than others.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

i saw a test and the bcr has low midi resolution (like most midi controllers) thats why i dont bother trying.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

How could it have low resolution? It's 1-127 for all midi. Or am I misunderstanding?

I currently own the patchbay and it's good. I don't notice any sound degradation but some of the ports are getting a bit fiddly.

I've also owned the V-Verb which sounded great but it broke soon after I bought it.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

jessejames wrote:How could it have low resolution? It's 1-127 for all midi. Or am I misunderstanding?
record some automation with the bcr and than record an automation with high end synth (virus, clavia ect.) youll see a big big difference in the amount of dots in your automations.
if you ever tried to control a filter to a specific spot its much easier to struggle with when using a controller that has low resolution.

if you try to test it, make sure theres no automation reduction turned on (cubase has it by default to 50% reduction to reduce cpu usage).