The truth about Behringer

- ask away
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

jessejames wrote:How could it have low resolution? It's 1-127 for all midi. Or am I misunderstanding?
Look up 7-bit vs 14-bit MIDI resolution.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Phurniture wrote:
jessejames wrote:How could it have low resolution? It's 1-127 for all midi. Or am I misunderstanding?
Look up 7-bit vs 14-bit MIDI resolution.
BCR can do 14 bit.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

i'm understanding this now stomper... i'll have to try this out... even if it does have 14bit encoders... it still might only send x number messages/second.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

The truth about Behringer is that everybody loves to hate on them cause they don't cost much. The real truth is that allot of their gear has actual top notch circuitry inside of it and a super ultra clean signal path but absolute sh!t for knobs and sliders. If you can deal with having crappy knobs then you'll love Behringer stuff. I personally don't give a sh!t at all what something looks like as long as it sounds good. As for the BCR i never ran into any problems with low knob resolution and i love the BCF, try to find a midi controller with flying faders for that price i dare you. I've actually run proper tests on allot of stuff putting a mastering studio together looking for Noise Floor, frequency response and Total Harmonic Distortion and the behringer stuff beats pieces that cost 8x more very often. Don't write them off just because of the price.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

hydrogen wrote:i'm understanding this now stomper... i'll have to try this out... even if it does have 14bit encoders... it still might only send x number messages/second.
http://djvandraken.blogspot.com/2010/02 ... 4-bit.html

remeber that most midi keyboards on the market has the same resolution.
i have an Emu Xboard somewhere ill plug it up and upload the screen so you can see the difference between that and a clavia nord.

it all comes down to whats important to you and i think most companies get away with low resolution on their midi stuff because most people dont feel its missing (automation reduction is a main one imo, without it the CPU load turns up A LOT even on very powerful computers).

i think Torque do have a point there, i had bad experience with them over 10 years ago and i hate them since and there are many others that do the same. i dont really know whats under the hood, but its f***ing behringer :lol:

i was thinking getting a novation zero sl mkii because it has lcd screen. i want different controls for different plugins and i never remember which knob is what.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

the bcr/bcf is genius for the money.. looking at the effects they do also, might buy some..

dont buy the minimon matrix mixer though, my 2nd is 2 years is now broken... its cheap, only 50 euros but its worth spending some more on a better one...
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mehta »

behringer stuff has always been ok for me, used many of their mixers but not much else

definitely seen a lot of trashed behringer stuff though as well
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

the BCR is great, many top guys still use them because if it dies you just throw it away and get another one, it does a job, no problem with the resolution for me.

i had the first Composer compressor back in the mid 1990's and it was great for the money, i dont know what they are like now though.

MX8000 desk, unbelievable value but hated it, it just sounded dead.