Monitors..

- ask away
Armando
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Armando »

Men, my budget is restrective for what i want (BM 6A)..so i've to choose between the KRK VXT 8 and the Dynaudio BM5A MKII.
I want to avoid the chance to buy a sub..what do you reccomend me?
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

still go for the dynaudios!
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

I have the dyn bm5a's and they are really good, but they could use a little more low end . Still the bass isn't shy on them. I demoed the bm6a and bm6a mk2's, and I was really impressed with the mk2's. Very full sounding, great low end and amazing clarity (a considerable step up from the 5a's). I wasn't as impressed with the regular bm6a's.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

I'm also planning to get a pair soonish. I've heard good things about Dynaudio and Genelec, but they are out of my league. At this point it looks like a Mackie MR8 operation to me.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

just heard the bm5 mkII at a friends place. sounded good and recommendable but if you need bass they really dont have enough in the long run. the krk vxt8 have more bass but the dynaudio bm5 sound overall more precise.
better go for the bm6. i have the focals solo 6 and dont need a sub. and i like good bass. and still prefer my focals over the dynaudio. they got something it´s hard to explain. :)
techno made me do it
Armando
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Armando »

I'm quite closed on the minimal like gaiser with a lot of bass and vibration but also on 1605's things like the phunk investigation's so i think i've to go for the krk..but what would you choose between a precise and clear sound of the dynaudio bm 5a mkII and the low end of the krk VXT8?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Yeah focals are nice. I almost bought the twins, but went with the dynaudios. the bm6a have enough bass for me and I make some dub stuff too and it translates well.
Armando
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Armando »

So krk vxt8 or dynaudio bm5a mkII?