whos producing

- ask away
j.whitney
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by j.whitney »

Hey y'all...
I'm new and just thought i'd add my two cents...
Personally I use Reason and Live on a Mac laptop with a few controllers. I don't so much get down with using Live as a compositional tool, but I find that it works as a great contribution to Reason, especially in terms of the plugs that you can add on because Reason all by itself just doesn't quite cut it for me. The time warping engine in Live is pretty good though and I do use it to DJ. I have also been kind of gettin in to Melodyne, which started as a vocal plug to compete with Autotune but as since graduated in to a multi-track. But it's stretching and warping, i am sorry to say, put Live's to shame. You can bring things down to 1 BPM with almost no artifacting at all as well as have complete control over pitch as well as formant. I also do a lot of sample manipulation, so I am probably more excited about this than a lot of synth based cats.

It's really cool to see a forum where everybody's so in to it and not bitchy and stupid. I'm glad i found y'all....
rkampschoer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rkampschoer »

adam wrote:
minimal house wrote:With ableton and the other software production programs are the tracks saved to a disc? how does that work? Like can i save my tracks to a disc and play my tracks on someone elses computer?

Sorry i have no idea how those software production programs work.
You'll learn alot quicker by just downloading a demo and toying with it THEN sking specific questions. Best way to get started - just create some drum loops of slight variation, export them as .wav or aiff or something and then bring them in to ableton and experiment. You'll understand most basic functions within a couple hours max.
I'm not completely sure if the demo allows saving of your tracks ,but it's worth a try though.

To j.whitney: welcome! :)
www.robinkampschoer.com
sometimes, less is more...
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

hello, i'm new to the board but not to the music.

I use a combiation of software and some hardware. I use Reaktor 2.0, CS 80 V, Minimoog Modular, and a slew of other VSTs and DXi s for creating sounds. I use Sound Forge for sampling and tweaking, Reason for sequencing and Sonar for mixing down. I also have been finding that ableton is useful for more than just live performances. I do most of my sampling from movies, everyday lo fi sounds and create almost all my other samples from software. I also have a Yammaha CS1x that I use for a controller. My syle is minimal melodic very dark and sometimes creepy. My influences are Ricardo, Robag, the Perlon crew Dan Bell, Jay Haze, all of Telegraph and about every record Magda plays plus far too many more.
I have a release on Brian's label Iron box called Your Mind is Mine.
Jasz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jasz »

he mark, love freuden am tansen.
it's a quality label we are happy to sell in our distribution.
if you have aby good tracks laying around waiting to get signed, drop us a mail (info@musicaljourneys.nl)

Jasz & Miguel
gooner wrote:hi there - thought i'd say hello...

i've been producing for a few years now - just had my debut 12" on freude am tanzen come out... "Business Class EP" (sorry - shameless promotion!) - you can have a listen to the tracks at their website (link below) though the quality is hideous...

i use fruitystudio, most of the ohmboyz pluginz, soundforge and a quasimidi 309....

Mark

http://www.clevermusic.net
http://www.freude-am-tanzen.com