mnml newbie

Post by IndigoRez »

The run down-
Reason 2.5 (ofcourse)
Acid 5.0 with vst plug-ins !!
Native Instruments
Sound forge 7
and whatever gear I can sample..
CD disk of 400 sound effects for 10 dollars- its amazing what you can do to everyday sounds with alittle EQ and tweaking.
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

I've tried Acid before, I really like that program. Never tried it with VST plugins though, is it a new feature in 5.0?
IndigoRez
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by IndigoRez »

Its is and its about time.
Militikie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Militikie »

so cubase sx become un-popular at this time. I really love it, but i seem to be one of few people working with it on this forum. Anyway, wanna begin? try Reason, also i heard some good stuff about and from Fl studio, but i refused to work with it 4 years ago or so and lost track of it since, back then it was still crappy. But try different platforms, but don`t start with ableton or cubase sx, too many functions and sh*t.
IndigoRez
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by IndigoRez »

Well I have tried FL Pro Studio and it be honest it has some funky sounds but its still the same old FL. It is extremely user friendly..which has been the best thing about it. I don't know I like patching with Reason.
As a filler/effect prog its amazing as a production tracking agent..meh...
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

I like FL Studio, but I didn't really like the (VST) plugins that came with it. I suppose with some better plugins and/or hardware, I'd choose FL Studio over Reason. Why? I think FL Studio's sequencer is much more user friendly. FL Studio is also MUCH cheaper than other sequencing software...Unless you're talking Jeskola Buzz, which is free.
But as has been said, Reason is a great program for beginners. I'm a beginner myself and it's a great program to experiment with, and get nice sounding results fast.

For those who are interested, Jeskola Buzz can be found here:
http://www.buzzmachines.com/

It's a completely free program that uses it's own type of plugins as well as VSTs. There are tons of free plugins available, some of them pretty good. The trade-off is that it has a very minimal interface, making patterns works quite like the old tracker programs. I experimented with it for a while, but because of its minimal interface I found it too hard to get nice results.
I think FL Studio also accepts Buzz plugins
tmp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tmp »

anyone produces with ableton live?
Leander_Techno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Leander_Techno »

tmp wrote:anyone produces with ableton live?
Yep I do, I love Live since version 4.. (In combination with Reason)
Creative use of technology is a form of Art