whos producing

- ask away
VIVIANNEPROJECTS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

PRODUCTION

Post by VIVIANNEPROJECTS »

Hi. This is my first posting on this site and I am excited to have been introduced to such a cool forum (THANKS PHEEK!)

This has been a big year for me production wise with a release on Textone as Vivianne Projects (Jay Haze's web label), a Contexterior release shared with Pheek, as Fosse in January and some other super stuff later on.... I feel like I am still figuring things out and probably will feel that way years from now. It's all about experimenting right?

I love NI products and can say that discovering Abelton has changed my life. I also do alot of work with hardware. Right now I am using an MPC 2000 (best sequencing around), an Arp 2600 for modulation and sub-bass stuff, some electroharmonix guitar effects, an abused old Korg guitar synth from the early eighties (thanks for not throwing that away Dad) and a few other random old things.

I'm using a MAC- Addicted to DSP plug ins (xo MDA & smartelectronix)! Also have started to use Protools Le to mix down.

:idea: Hey all check out out those Foundsounds...super stuff!

:?: :?: :?: :roll:
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: PRODUCTION

Post by cyhl »

VIVIANNEPROJECTS wrote:Hi. This is my first posting on this site
welcome here, jesse ! looking forward to all your releases.........
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

crisp wrote:i'm producin, when i'm not working, spinning records, buying records , organising parties, visit parties, or when i'm not sleeping!

equipment: Akai mpc2000xl, korg microkorg, xbase09, yamaha01V, and some secret fx!!!! (no computer!!!!)
greetz

word. I owned teh xbase 09 but sold it, now im kicking myself in the ass cuz its one hell of a drum machine!

Im currently using: Emuxl7, KorgMS2000R, Korg ES mkII, Korg EM1, Korg ER1 Korg EA 1 and some special fx.
dj_wout
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dj_wout »

what is the best software to make tracks yourself?
I did try fruityloops but I think it isn't a good program.
I want to make some tracks myself but the big question: where you can get free software of a decent quality?

greats
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

well as soon as I started visiting this forum (couple of days ago) I got inspired and started producing again...I'm now working with Reason 2.5, I love it, though I want to do more with hardware. I also have a TR-707 (pretty useless crap :P) and a Korg Poly 800, I haven't done anything with those yet.
qubism
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by qubism »

well i think fl studio is a very powerfull tool.
as probably lots of other are. i dont know why
u think it isnt a good programm.

i started using it a year ago and i did not have any background before
and im really happy with what i can do with it now. really learned alot
and results are good too. i wanna try ableton tho when i get to see it
at a friend.

however give fl a try i think its very friendly for beginners.
qubism
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by qubism »

when i started this thread i was thinking if the users that produce maybe use a chat programm like irc or icq or something so we could share some experiences. or push some mp3s around and get inspired...

mhmhm what do u guys think about that?
tmp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tmp »

i opened the chan #mnml on quakenet!

@qube:
wie bist du auf das forum gestossen? :)