Why drum machines?

- ask away
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

::BLM:: wrote:I was thinking about getting the MFB-522. Anyone got one of these?
All the demo's I've heard have been pretty awesome. Plus, they're super portable. I'd grab one.
KryoShift
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KryoShift »

::BLM:: wrote:I was thinking about getting the MFB-522. Anyone got one of these?
I just got one and love it. Excellent machine and the price is cheap for such a thing.
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

I just bought a MachineDrum, and I have to say, on first impressions I agree with the comments at the begining of this tread, the control over groove and swing is not as deep as having a midi piano roll. That said, the sound quality is awesome and the live tweaking is very engaging and fun. I've been assured that it takes a very long time to get into this machine so I'm gonna persist with it and learn it inside out.... :D
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

Myfirstcasio wrote:I just bought a MachineDrum, and I have to say, on first impressions I agree with the comments at the begining of this tread, the control over groove and swing is not as deep as having a midi piano roll. That said, the sound quality is awesome and the live tweaking is very engaging and fun. I've been assured that it takes a very long time to get into this machine so I'm gonna persist with it and learn it inside out.... :D
What's a midi piano roll?
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

Casanova808 wrote:What kind of idiot goes to a forum called mnml.nl to learn about making music in 2011?
Because congahouse.com sent me nowhere and so did retroninetiestechno.com and learnhowtoimitatedjsneak.com :lol:

As for drum machines vs. computers, who gives a f--k?