Why drum machines?

- ask away
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

steevio wrote: if you stand still as a musician and dont experiment with new possibilities you will quickly stagnate, and your music will suffer.
THIS
steevio wrote:if any of you guys are going from ITB to drum machines etc. you will be discovering new ways to work and it will be exciting and make the creative juices flow.
i'm sure there are other people going in exactly the opposite direction and selling off their old hardware to go ITB.
no one is right or wrong, its all about flow and fresh challenges.
AND THIS
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

some people are just re-iterating their opinions 100 times on this board, gets kind of boring

:?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

edited becuase i cant be arsed.
Last edited by oblioblioblio on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

jobbanaught wrote:some people are just re-iterating their opinions 100 times on this board, gets kind of boring

i find drum machines limiting.
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

oblioblioblio wrote:
jobbanaught wrote:some people are just re-iterating their opinions 100 times on this board, gets kind of boring

what a nice post.

hostile feelings expressed thru vague undirected negativity.

not really helping anything there imo.

its not meant to be hostile. just an observation ive made.

to be more positive: i would like people on this board to be more concise. some regulars on here kind of dominate most debates by repeating their opinions over and over. Its not that i dont like what they say, its more that i dont need to read it every day in a new thread. and furthermore, i find this board turned kind of hostile because of people turning everbody down that does not share their same exact views. and im not about modular here. I dont like stuff being posted like "its not XY that you want, its Z" - i mean wtf? why do some guys think they know it all? most of that stuff is not helpfull at all...ok, that was not so positive anymore. sorry for the rant :D
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

jobbanaught wrote:

its not meant to be hostile. just an observation ive made.

to be more positive: i would like people on this board to be more concise. some regulars on here kind of dominate most debates by repeating their opinions over and over. Its not that i dont like what they say, its more that i dont need to read it every day in a new thread. and furthermore, i find this board turned kind of hostile because of people turning everbody down that does not share their same exact views. and im not about modular here. I dont like stuff being posted like "its not XY that you want, its Z" - i mean wtf? why do some guys think they know it all? most of that stuff is not helpfull at all...ok, that was not so positive anymore. sorry for the rant :D
sorry dude i overreacted there a bit... hard to know where someone is coming from on the internet.

i think there's gonna be some friction with people talking about gear and making music. Maybe it's beucase people believe in what they do?

people repeat themselves here becuase there are different people posting and you can end up answering the same quesiton twice to 2 different people. It's not becuase of wanting to go on and on about the same thing.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

This thread = epic butthurtery
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

Casanova808 wrote:This thread = epic butthurtery
i think out of your 90 posts there wasnt one that was the least bit helpful. either your a troll or hiding behind your alias.