mnml maxi

mbrane

Post by ::BLM:: »

anyone have one? Any good? [/u]
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

its one of the few things that rarely gets turned on in my studio. although maybe you posting this will change that :)

it does sound nice, nice envelopes with alot of character. i found it challenging to tune though but i found out later that i actually unintentionally changed the internal pitch calibration when controlling it with an elektron md.

luckily you can change the tuning back to factory settings. just be careful with cc's in the 100's range...
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

where do you live? do you have the mbase?
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

i couple mine to a cheep guitar tuner just to get an idea where i am pitchwise

the sound is really fat. It's great fun to midi-link to a keyboard and play the pitch with keys. The guy behind Jomox (Jürgen Michaelis I think) is very helpful and really cares about his products, and about the mbrane he has said that it is mostly for experimentalists and I can agree with him. If you want nothing but 808 percussion sounds you can get roughly the same sounds, but the sound will be rougher and not as clean as the 808. With that I mean that it sounds more natural and realistic.

I've found that when I want crazy glitchy sounds of it the results are pretty narrow. Very much distortion and metallic things going on then.

It's nice, fun and intuitive to play around with and I quite often use it in my productions. If you want me to I can upload a bit of a sample bank that I've created with the mBrane.