"Vinyl sales up 14% in 2010 compared to 2009"

- ask away
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: "Vinyl sales up 14% in 2010 compared to 2009"

Post by jackbrazzo »

no way man, there's enough technics on the planet to last a thousand years. if clubs dont have technics, you're going to the wrong clubs.
That wasnt the point I was making.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

jackbrazzo wrote:
no way man, there's enough technics on the planet to last a thousand years. if clubs dont have technics, you're going to the wrong clubs.
That wasnt the point I was making.
i thought the point you were making bro was that you doubt that venues will keep well serviced technics now that theyve stopped making them.
my point was that there's so was many technics made and are in circulation, that there will never be a shortage of working ones, and that if a club stops bothering with keeping a decent pair of technics, then thats not a club people in our music family would particularly want to go to.

anyway, tech riders iron out any deficiencies in clubs. if jeff mills needs a 909, he gets one, no matter that they stopped making them 30 years ago, technics are a piece of piss, they arent even diffcult to service..i wouldnt worry bro..

i wasnt trying to be a smart arse honestly
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

it was more the comment that I dont go to the 'right clubs'. :shock:

you are right about the reliability of technics though. In any case no dramas. :) (*)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

jackbrazzo wrote:it was more the comment that I dont go to the 'right clubs'. :shock:

you are right about the reliability of technics though. In any case no dramas. :) (*)
haha no i didnt mean you personally, it was a general statement, 'you' as in 'people' - sorry man :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

how about the new trend in heavy weight vinyl ?

everyone seems to be doing it, my latest release is on 180 gram vinyl.

that will sort out the men from the memory sticks :)

not very environmentally friendly though :(
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I dunno. I used to love djing on a laptop. It was fairly rare that I just let 2 tracks play and often I would do much more elaborate things with 4 tracks running with filtering and loop points etc. I also set up a very small delay so I could lock the grooves better like a vinyl DJ. Probably at the time I was more anti vinyl but now I don't think it's for me to say what works for anybody else.

I gave up DJing though because I got sick of being required to entertain people even though I was just coming to friends parties and doing my thing. Every single time there was unbelieveable politics and one time it was just too much. Another DJ also gave up after that party! ha. On average one person at every event that I played needed to have a good old moan about the music I was playing.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

steevio wrote:how about the new trend in heavy weight vinyl ?

everyone seems to be doing it, my latest release is on 180 gram vinyl.

that will sort out the men from the memory sticks :)

not very environmentally friendly though :(
Nothing against heavy weight vinyl as long as it doesn't effect the price I have to pay. It seems like the average record I buy is £9 or £10! Up from £6 or £7 a few years ago.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

Times are tight but I have noticed vinyl not really increasing that much other than the heavyweights which i dont mind as it costs more to produce.

With wages static I just wonder how the vinyl sales are going to cope, but we will see.