How do you sample a snare?

- ask away
AnalogueDuke1
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

How do you sample a snare?

Post by AnalogueDuke1 »

How do you sample a snare when in most instances you will have a kick drum beneath?

:)
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Depends what you are sampling it from. It wont always have a kick under it but if it has, the low end can be cut out with a hi pass filter.
AnalogueDuke1
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by AnalogueDuke1 »

That makes sense, thank you.
loictambay
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loictambay »

also phase inversion can work if you have a clean loop with just the kick and snare. double up your track, one with just the kick looped, the other with the kick and snare, add a utility plugin (in ableton) on one of the tracks and click the phase left/right buttons. this should remove the kick and leave you with the clean snare sample...
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

loictambay wrote:also phase inversion can work if you have a clean loop with just the kick and snare. double up your track, one with just the kick looped, the other with the kick and snare, add a utility plugin (in ableton) on one of the tracks and click the phase left/right buttons. this should remove the kick and leave you with the clean snare sample...
genius! :idea:
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Carmen58
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Carmen58 »

loictambay wrote:also phase inversion can work if you have a clean loop with just the kick and snare. double up your track, one with just the kick looped, the other with the kick and snare, add a utility plugin (in ableton) on one of the tracks and click the phase left/right buttons. this should remove the kick and leave you with the clean snare sample...
+1 !

Sometimes, the result is bad, because loop isn't clean.
Jovan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jovan »

Just use low pass filter, i always "clean" my snares, i cut everything up to almost 300hz, and it sounds good in the mix most of the times sometimes i go even higher.
http://www.myspace.com/jovankoo Listen to it my music is RAW-er than yor Pron
AnalogueDuke1
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by AnalogueDuke1 »

Sorry to pick up on this again. When you say double up the track, do you mean, one in the left side of stereo - one on the right?