old poly analogue

- ask away
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

old poly analogue

Post by MarcAshken »

im looking to buy another synth, ive got a voyager, nord lead 2, tb303 running in my set up at the moment. I need something for pads and effects, has to be true analogue. Ive got a Dave Smith prophet 08 but I dont like it very much, also ive had a look at some more recent poly ana synths and what ive seen isnt really grabbing me. Any suggestions please, I was thinking maybe a juno of some sort? Im not really clued up on poly synths unfortunately,
thanks
x
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Poly Evolver
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i played on a roland jupiter 6 recently. such ridiculous luxury. beautiful. like an army of sh101s.

very expensive, and will probably need some TLC to keep it happy.

Jomox SunSyn comes very highly recommended by a number of people, but that's hard to get hold of and also v. pricey.

Poly analogue is a funny world i think. expensive and often unreliable. i'm gonna look at other sources for light polyphonic detail.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Jomox want 5k for the SunSyn. It does have gold knobs though!
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

dont like the look of that poly evolver, not keen on dave smith at all tbh, the knobs r shite in my experience. Moog have got the controls right, feels like you're flying a plane. contemplating starting a modular system instead, can be as poly as I like then
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

MarcAshken wrote:dont like the look of that poly evolver, not keen on dave smith at all tbh, the knobs r shite in my experience. Moog have got the controls right, feels like you're flying a plane. contemplating starting a modular system instead, can be as poly as I like then
I agree, the encoders on the DSI stuff suck. I am about to upgrade my Monoevolver keyboard with the potentiometer kit. I will get back to you if it dramatically improves my experience.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

did some tracks with the sunsyn...could be better for that price actually. prefered the roland jupiter for warm chords...
techno made me do it
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

I <3 my juno... with a couple pedals you would be sorted. jupiter would be the step up from there..
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest