i just got my first dubplate ever

- ask away
loureed
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

i just got my first dubplate ever

Post by loureed »

it sounds CLICKY to me
this is from a pretty regarded place too... engineer said he didn't run it through anything what would make it seem compressed

http://www.mediafire.com/?iwbys2evem4wphc

ive had the record for 8 hours and i've already tried 5 different sound systems and didn't like it ON ANY OF THEM :x out of daw it sounds fat and raw... needless to say im so fucking sick of the song im going to throw up

friends say it sounds a little funny but they don;'t know what they;'re talking about
your opinions?
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

i think it sounds good..
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

I don't really know what to say about the sound. Sounds okay compared to other tracks. That lounge music kind of bass doesn't work with this track in my opinion, but you weren't asking for feedback on the track so...

Btw how much did it end up costing you, the dubplating operation I mean? :P
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

sounds mostly good here to. Some noise and cracklings are in, but doent know if this should be like that or not.

Maybe we need more info, or the two rendered wavs online for comparisation, ya know
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

No point in comparing the two waves imho. Tracks sound much nicer and warmer on wax (if it's done properly) ;)

Just wondering if you have added some hiss / noise to the track yourself or is that just the dubplate?
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

where did u get it done mate? ive read that not much processing is done on dubplates and that the mix must be top notch otherwise its gonna sound sh!t, i know D&M offer extra studio time on there plates at extra cost.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tsankip wrote:No point in comparing the two waves imho. Tracks sound much nicer and warmer on wax (if it's done properly) ;)

Just wondering if you have added some hiss / noise to the track yourself or is that just the dubplate?
That's why it would be a good idea to compare, no?
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

patrick bateman wrote: That's why it would be a good idea to compare, no?
Well, if he hasn't added any extra noise to the background of his track, then it's obviously the dubplate :oops: