Logic bass groove pattern tips?

- ask away
konzee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Logic bass groove pattern tips?

Post by konzee »

I'm talking about the the patterns producers put underneath they're kick that blends in that gives the groove a lot of feel.

I get it some times when using the ES2 with a basic pitched down sine wave with an amp, and EQ it a little bit, but I fail a lot more then I succeed with this.

anyone have tips?
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

I use the 16c groove setting with 4 16th notes looped for a quarter bar. Don't know if that's what your looking for.I wonder too how they get that driving, rythmic sub bass/bass that kinda rolls perfectly off the kick. I'm sure sidechaining has alot to do with it, but I think there's alot more like the texture off the bass, the velocity of the notes, volume enveloppes....
Last edited by Raddler on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

try to download the mpc groove template and use that grooves !
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

I'm also looking for the secret of that perfect groove thing. I do archive that feeling sometimes, but it's just a coincidence most of the time.

I think that the volume envelopes are the important thing. Every sound has a envelope, with a groove template you just affect the starting point nothing else. From my experience sometimes even a hard quantised midi beat can groove as hell when the sound (envelopes) are right.
konzee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by konzee »

Glad to see others hold interest in this topic.

I just downloaded the MPC groove templates and I'm going to experiment in a little bit.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

theres lots of great info buried in this forum if you are patient with the search function.
konzee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by konzee »

I probably dont know the proper lingo though
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Logic bass groove pattern tips?

Post by AK »

konzee wrote:I'm talking about the the patterns producers put underneath they're kick that blends in that gives the groove a lot of feel.

I get it some times when using the ES2 with a basic pitched down sine wave with an amp, and EQ it a little bit, but I fail a lot more then I succeed with this.

anyone have tips?
Just wondering about why you'd eq a sine wave?