mbase 11

- ask away
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

steevio wrote:its because that encoder is not analogue !

thats why i was asking all those questions about it earlier.

well it IS analog, thats why its jumping. Analog means setting values continously, whereas the digital display only shows non-fractional values. Its like the encoder is able to set 14,3 then 14,4 then 14,5 and then the display jumps from 14 to 15. The encoder seems to be a bit unstable though, so if you position it very near to the border between two values (something like 14,49), the display jumps back and forth between 14 and 15 (although the encoder setting may only jump between 14,49 and 14,51). At least thats what i make out of it...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

jobbanaught wrote:
steevio wrote:its because that encoder is not analogue !

thats why i was asking all those questions about it earlier.

well it IS analog, thats why its jumping. Analog means setting values continously, whereas the digital display only shows non-fractional values. Its like the encoder is able to set 14,3 then 14,4 then 14,5 and then the display jumps from 14 to 15. The encoder seems to be a bit unstable though, so if you position it very near to the border between two values (something like 14,49), the display jumps back and forth between 14 and 15 (although the encoder setting may only jump between 14,49 and 14,51). At least thats what i make out of it...
its not analogue.

Jomox Jürgen himself told me when i asked him about it.
and i quote;

''regarding MBase11: the "analog" potentiometer is not analog but just a help for easier editing (long turning of encoder knob).''
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

Thats strange, on the website it says:

"For more intuitive editing, we have added an analog potentiometer that works alternatively to the parameter editing when scrolling the data wheel is too hard."

Also the value jumping suggested to me that a continuous (i.e. analog) input was quantised to discrete values... But anyway, as BLM said, its easy to get rid of it turning the other input knob once
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

jobbanaught wrote:Thats strange, on the website it says:

"For more intuitive editing, we have added an analog potentiometer that works alternatively to the parameter editing when scrolling the data wheel is too hard."

Also the value jumping suggested to me that a continuous (i.e. analog) input was quantised to discrete values... But anyway, as BLM said, its easy to get rid of it turning the other input knob once
yeah mate i know what it says, its one of the reasons i was going to upgrade from the mbase01, but when i questioned Jomox about it, he gave me that answer.

the word 'analog' is used far too freely in advertising blurb.
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

steevio wrote: the word 'analog' is used far too freely in advertising blurb.

Defo
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

So, aside from the new features like compression metalize, it's the same as the 01?
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

Basically yes. The new encoder only speeds up the workflow.
willianpires
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

thanks

Post by willianpires »

hey guys, thanks for the replies, actually i'm getting to do some nice bass, i will soon post the new results sound:) thanks a lot