waves powerpack worth to buy?

- ask away
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

waves powerpack worth to buy?

Post by klankeffect »

hi, i can buy a waves powerpack for a nice price, should i go for it or should i save for like a uad laptop solo to plug in in my macbook pro?
ore any other sugestions?
the reason i mayby want to buy is that i used to have this imager en the maximiser wich gives quite nice results.....
grtz
lessizmoremoreizless
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

if you check individual plugs from other sources you will get better sound results! Softube, Slate digital, Sonnox. But some 'selected' waves plugs are good also.

not sure what powerpack has. whats the price u getting?

EDIT: just saw it. 550$ new and apart from L1, C1 the other are not up to date in perms of quality (IMHO)
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

Waves Plugins are very, very very good. I don't know if you could get similar plugins from other quality company's for that price. The UAD stuff is also excellent but only if you use UAD plugins of course and there not cheep!!! IMO Waves is the way to go. Someonelikeyou.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

I heard that waves ask for a fee every year or something like that (dont know if its true).
but imo (and its only an opinion) waves got their name from having good TDM plugins and unless you have Pro Tools HD to run these, waves plugins are waste of money.

I have an old UAD-1 card and you can find one very cheap these days. its not just a dongle, but more power and i can say it saved me from the need to bounce many times and more important, they sound awsome much better than any native waves plugin.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

stomper is right. google waves WUP for the fee.

edit: also check some plugins here http://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-sho ... dio-tests/
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

Just had a look at UAD's site. Had'nt seen the new price of the Solo. So app-on reflection I reckon It's got to be UAD. Thinking of it my self as I use the Waves CLA 76 compressor and Puigtec all the time. Someonelikeyou.
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

i can have this one for 250 euro, i didn't knew about this fee, thx on this one
i think i am going to check those Softube, Slate digital and sonnox (i can remember soundonsound gave them a good comments aswell),

grtz
lessizmoremoreizless
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

klankeffect wrote:i can have this one for 250 euro, i didn't knew about this fee, thx on this one
i think i am going to check those Softube, Slate digital and sonnox (i can remember soundonsound gave them a good comments aswell),

grtz
in terms of $$ you will have to spend 250E per plugin from softube etc. so it might be a good deal in the end. So for a 'nice' compressor and a limiter its a good deal (c1, l1).