dj mixer

- ask away
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

lots of Ecler's also don't like traktor and serato. Has to do with some weird thing that the inner working does of the ecler: for some reason it grounds "differently" and that causes your CVS to go nuts. Well, for some reason only one channel can "sync" and the other just doesn't work. Had this happen on Smac and Mac series... too bad because the sound is pretty cool, and I love the way the NUO5 feels.

As for the Low EQ on the Xone: you have to turn it down to approx 2 lines above completely killing it, and then it's perfect, but indeed, if you turn the eq all the way to the left it takes away a chunk of the mid.

Good call Tone-def: mine's indeed an "old" one, built in the UK and modified in Germany (changed the PFL so you can't hear the EQ changes in the headphone output) 8)
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

mine is also made in uk , but i wanted to change the PFL to hear the eq in headphones but i kinda like it this way now
its all about the rhythm
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

PsyTox wrote: As for the Low EQ on the Xone: you have to turn it down to approx 2 lines above completely killing it, and then it's perfect, but indeed, if you turn the eq all the way to the left it takes away a chunk of the mid.

Good call Tone-def: mine's indeed an "old" one, built in the UK and modified in Germany (changed the PFL so you can't hear the EQ changes in the headphone output) 8)
this pretty sums up what i don't like and like about this mixer.

it makes me look bad at EQing because i can't get use to it. but it's easier to beat match because i can hear the kick when the bass is turned down.
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

PsyTox wrote:lots of Ecler's also don't like traktor and serato. Has to do with some weird thing that the inner working does of the ecler: for some reason it grounds "differently" and that causes your CVS to go nuts. Well, for some reason only one channel can "sync" and the other just doesn't work. Had this happen on Smac and Mac series... too bad because the sound is pretty cool, and I love the way the NUO5 feels.
Interesting, and explains why some friends of mine never get Traktor to work properly in this bar with an Ecler Nuo.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

Anyone tried the Xone 22? Aside from the ugly aesthetics, seems like a good kit. I sold my DJM 600 a while back to fund studio purchases and need a new "cheap" mixer. I want to avoid going the route of Numark, etc.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i think the xone 22 would be fine if you only using 2 decks.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Korg KM-202 for now.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

tone-def wrote: it makes me look bad at EQing because i can't get use to it. but it's easier to beat match because i can hear the kick when the bass is turned down.
yep, the first week I had it I was completely unhappy with it because the EQ was indeed so difficult to 'tame'. Even had it on ebay for a week, glad no one bought it :)
But once you get the hang of it, it's really perfect, even the weird fact that 60% of the volume increase is in the last 10 percent of the fader. It actually helps you to mix in more fluent without having massive louder tracks coming in. And mixing out is very very precise.
It's strange, but since I have had this mixer I mix a lot more precise. The Xone (all models pretty much) is unforgiving for mistakes, that's why it's also a mixer that many people don't like the first time they play on it. Except my friend Tecnum, who played a Xone92 the first time last year on my summer party and refused to leave the decks because he was enjoying it so much. I think he bought one the week after :)

Speaking of which, yesterday evening I got to play on the brand new Pioneer DJM2000 first Pioneer ever that made me think about getting one myself... if it wasn't so damn expensive. Awesome piece of machinery.