dj mixer

- ask away
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

oblioblioblio wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
we are talking about mixers, not soundsystems in this thread (I think, at least I am)...
sorry. i love a good tangent!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

PsyTox wrote: But I guess a lot of the choice for a mixer is very personal. I am suprised that everyone seems to go for the Xone:92 while that one went gaga on a few occasions during sets I did. My Xone62 at home has gotten a serious beating over the years and still works flawlessly.
A lot depends of course on your style of mixing. Almost forgot to mention the rotary mixer of Allen & Heath, pretty sweet :)
the chinese made A&H mixers fall apart just by looking at them. so if your had your Xone62 a while and it's made in England i can imagine it been alright.

i think i would like a rotary mixer but i've never used one.
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

I have a xone 62 and love it, but really would prefer to own a 92... its just that whenever I have the money I spend it on more synths. 8)
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

no ecler anyone??
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Robot Criminal wrote:no ecler anyone??
Ecler sound really nice for the price, but they aren't very durable. Basically every Ecler I've ever seen has had some problems, and not just because gallons of spilled beer.
Cheaper
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cheaper »

Ecler mixers boost lo-mids to death, and they're not very durable
soundcloud.com/capsularecordings
cmc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cmc »

one of the things i've noticed about the xone 62 is that the eq's are really... misleading? on three different 62's i've played on, i've noticed that the bass eq kill seems to have a different band width than the eq itself.

in other words: imagine playing a fairly full track, good variety of stuff happening instrument-wise, and you're turning the bass knob down towards the left stop. the fade out sounds great, the only thing disappearing is the lowest end of the frequency range, until just before you hit the stop, when all of a sudden the eq kill seems to take a big bite out of the low-mid range.

anyone else notice that or am i just crazy? it sounds pretty terrible, but fortunately it's got the filters.

xone 92 for me, or rane mp-2016.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

yes this isnt the best thing about the low eq part , sometimes looks like its a full kill , but just dont turn all the way down:)
its all about the rhythm