Where do you produce?

- ask away
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

skept wrote:
Raddler wrote:I love the city, which is where I live.
i lived in an apartment where the neighbors and landlords complained. they threatened to call the cops and all that. i couldn't stand it so i bought a house. i really couldn't stand the idea of being an adult and having an overseer. aren't the police enough?!

i love the city too. i live in the city. urban houses in the rust belt are cheap as hell. they are HUGE and they have plaster walls which prevents the sound from leaking outside much better than those new paper thin houses.
I wish we had cheap houses here... a small house an hour drive away from Helsinki is like 200k€, houses (and I mean smallish houses, not mansions) anywhere within a reasonable distance from the civilization are around the 500k€ mark.

For example, this (117 square meters or 1260 square feet ) is 495k€, about 20-30 minutes from the city centre. Crazy prices....

skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

i think there are a few other threads along the lines of this one if you do some searching. i believe i started one when i was having my neighbor trouble.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i live with my mum in the kinda countryside. It's not a big house & thin walls etc etc but haven't had any complaints.

Not ideal but I get by.

I couldn't deal with a girlfriend that didn't respect my life need to do music sh!t. But it's not my place at all to comment on other people's relationship stuff.
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Interesting what everyone has to contend with!! I see i'm not alone!
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

I leaved France 1 year ago to move in Stockholm. I have a wonderfull appartment with the sea in front of the door, with a boat and everything but I produce in the living room on a really small desk, it's like a joke, don't leave the familly house if you dont want to have a really small homestudio!

PS : with a headphones, cause the girlfriend complain huh
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

oblioblioblio wrote: I couldn't deal with a girlfriend that didn't respect my life need to do music sh!t. But it's not my place at all to comment on other people's relationship stuff.
you are right about that but its not always the case, in my case she will go in the bedroom if I test some banging sound/song.
Never the less its always bad to live with others in a really small space (friend/girl/whatever).. but in Central London and with the budget we want to spend on a house...

tasos
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

Daemonix wrote:
oblioblioblio wrote: I couldn't deal with a girlfriend that didn't respect my life need to do music sh!t. But it's not my place at all to comment on other people's relationship stuff.
you are right about that but its not always the case, in my case she will go in the bedroom if I test some banging sound/song.
Never the less its always bad to live with others in a really small space (friend/girl/whatever).. but in Central London and with the budget we want to spend on a house...

tasos
yeah sorry I totally didn't want that to be a personal remark towards anybody else. Just saying about how I am like.

I think it would be very hard in a small space, with whoever you are with.

I guess the important thing is to find middle ground some how. There is usually a way.

And yeah, I also think comprimise will always be there in some form. Even if you have a spacious house in the middle of no where, you will still need to work at some things.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

oblioblioblio wrote:
Daemonix wrote:

tasos
yeah sorry I totally didn't want that to be a personal remark towards anybody else. Just saying about how I am like.

I think it would be very hard in a small space, with whoever you are with.

I guess the important thing is to find middle ground some how. There is usually a way.

And yeah, I also think comprimise will always be there in some form. Even if you have a spacious house in the middle of no where, you will still need to work at some things.
nothing personal taken, I didnt thought that at all.

Im trying to judge myself and why I believe I waste my free time with other thinks rather than making music (my hobby).. i need to organize myself!!!