What types of music do you produce?

- ask away
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

I always try to make other forms of music, but end up thinking, "This would sound proper in a house tune" halfway through and make the conversion.

I did make a dubstep tune the other day though. I was into the dubstep vibe when it started getting popular, but really got turned off by all the rusko styled crap that started coming out.
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

I guess mainly Techno but also Soundscape/Electronica stuff. :?
Este
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Este »

I like to do some nice chill-out downtempo stuff. I'm liking the new Bonobo album at the moment, so stuff like that.

(-)
wanderer_
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wanderer_ »

I'm trying to recreate Chiba City from Neuromancer, so....

Lots of sustained, droning pads in minor keys and little melodies here and there with sparse percussion and simple basslines :)

At least that's how it sounded to me in my head when I read the book. Heh.
Shibbstarr
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Shibbstarr »

Well actually i always start with something and while i am producing it start to change in something totally different. I think that the reason for that is the music that i listen to in that period. For example , there was a time i listened alot music from "gaiser" and always when i produced i was trying to make something like what hè makes haha. But now because of the nice upcoming weather i make alot of tech-house tracks and melodic tracks. I am from Holland btw, so my english is not the best of the best.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

I started making shitty electrohouse with a cracked copy of fruity loops, then I started making shitty minimal with reason, then I started making shitty fake deep house in ableton, now I make shitty berghain techno with a 909 and a eurorack modular.
Koppnicker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Koppnicker »

Just makin' whatever comes out of my head.

99% of this is kinda bumm-click-snare-click-stuff
Christ Lewis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Christ Lewis »

Some industrial ambient. I've also produced separate elements for use in mashups or livesets.