start points/cue points manipulation.. ableton? traktor?

- ask away
MagpieIndustries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

start points/cue points manipulation.. ableton? traktor?

Post by MagpieIndustries »

Hey,
I could do with some advice here. I play an e-drumkit, and want to take a long recording of a bassline jam, and use the midi from the drumkit to jump around within the recording. So far, I've tried with Traktor Pro and Live8. In Traktor, I've managed to place cue points at the current play position, but I can't figure out how to jump to each cue marker independently with a single midi note on msg. Looks like I can only jump forwards or backwards to the nearest cue point, and this only when it's stopped. (or, I can play from the cue, but since the drumkit sends midi note off immediately, it only plays for a short moment)

In Ableton, I create several copies of my clip, and trigger each from one drum pad. I then adjust the start position in each clip manually, but this means I have to use the mouse to adjust the start position in each clip.

I have a hercules RMX controller handy, so I could use the jog wheels on that, and maybe hold a button down for shift (say to set a cue point with a drumpad) and release it (to play the cue from the pad). But I can't figure out how to do this. I'd like to limit myself to doing all this just from the drums, and the RMX if possible, but reaching for the mouse and looking for the screen is not very nice.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, it's much appreciated. There's lots of creative Live users and DJs here, so hopefully you can offer some suggestions!
cytoplasm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cytoplasm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnW2nhxbwp0
you could slice it and use choke.
MagpieIndustries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MagpieIndustries »

thanks for that :)