New Korg Emx & Esx SD models

- ask away
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

New Korg Emx & Esx SD models

Post by Brankis »

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2010/ ... ibe-sx-sd/

so basically the same but now taking SD cards.
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

Is that a joke.????? :x damn Korg...
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
MagpieIndustries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MagpieIndustries »

Looks like it's about time to sell this hissy piece of sh!t and get an octatrack
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

MagpieIndustries wrote:Looks like it's about time to sell this hissy piece of sh!t and get an octatrack
mine is up for sale too! F Korg, dumbasses
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

Seems a bit of a lame update. If KORG are going to do something they should really DO something.
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

Minimal Samples wrote:Seems a bit of a lame update. If KORG are going to do something they should really DO something.
+100!
this is pure marketing bs... i smell it from 1000 km
sherman
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sherman »

Seeing the Kaossilator pro all but confirms my suspicion that their grooveboxes will move towards that layout. A more sample-oriented Kaoss Pad would round off the set, and is a logical direction IMO.

That being said, I think its a shame. While phrase recording (especially with the XY pad locking to notes in the set scale) may be great for jamming and creating loops on the fly, it makes it near impossible to modify what you have.

I love being able to selectively remove hits on a step sequencer, or move steps a 16th (or whatever the resolution) forward/backwards on the fly. It's fantastic being able to program a simple, _accurate_ pattern quickly (I know where I want my kick and snare...), and adjust it to 'fit' (this hit is coming in too soon, try it a 16th later. This is starting to sound cluttered, remove some of the hihats. etc...). That is what makes working with grooveboxes/drum machines so fluid for me.
-- sherman
deadlyfreq
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by deadlyfreq »

i was waiting for korg to update the electribes before i went out and bought one. but just adding SD card support is lazy as hell. meh like sherman said korg are probably just phasing their grooveboxes out..