Where are you at in your productions?

- ask away
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

Spurn wrote:yeah ive been thinking about wanting to collaborate with someone lately
but im so new to production im not too confident about what i can bring to the table just yet.
im with you :)
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

For me my production has got to a point were I just don't seem to see any real improvement. I still really enjoy the process but the result sounds crap after I have finished the track and listened to it a couple of times. Its also quite hard to pick out what I don't like, sometimes its missing space, sometimes it just sounds annoying!

To be honest its really been getting me down as I just don't know how to progress. I have been thinking about starting a course.

Anyway, thats were my production is at.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

Myfirstcasio wrote:For me my production has got to a point were I just don't seem to see any real improvement. I still really enjoy the process but the result sounds crap after I have finished the track and listened to it a couple of times. Its also quite hard to pick out what I don't like, sometimes its missing space, sometimes it just sounds annoying!

To be honest its really been getting me down as I just don't know how to progress. I have been thinking about starting a course.

try this out bud, start a basic percussion loop then make a synth patch or get a synth patch you like and jam out for a minute and record that. Look at a scale and use that as a reference. Itll help too. Export that session and load that into some kind of sampler and find the interesting bits. Youll be able to identify some great bits without having to be mouse clicking the funk. then continue to use that jam session for other interludes or whatever.
signatures suck
Murgit
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Murgit »

Myfirstcasio wrote:For me my production has got to a point were I just don't seem to see any real improvement. I still really enjoy the process but the result sounds crap after I have finished the track and listened to it a couple of times. Its also quite hard to pick out what I don't like, sometimes its missing space, sometimes it just sounds annoying!

Try remixing some tracks of friends. You can really open up your technique when your not setting out to create from scratch.
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

Finally starting to get some tracks finished.
Even if i'm not happy with them (which i never am) i force myself to finish them and learn something new from each one.

To Myfirstcasio:

Just keep going, keep making loops, tracks, turning knobs, anything.
Make a mistake that sounds good and create something positive from it.

Don't get frustrated. It will affect your creativity in a bad way. I've been there.

Good luck!
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I have finally finished a bunch of tracks for my new EP so very happy. I don't make music with the intention to make release, so I never get anything finished as it doesn’t matter as its only sitting on my hard drive. But I needed something for FOF, so I had to make a few tracks to release. It only took me a year!
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

@ Alex M, Murgit and mlexicon - Cheers for the advise and kind words guys! I was thinking about remixing my mates tunes actually... The thing is, even though I find if frustrating I can stop loving the process. Hopefully that will see me through.

Are there any intermediate courses out there that anyone could suggest? Something to help get me over the hump as it were. I feel I have been stuck there for a long time!

Also, sorry for diverting the subject of the thread some.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Myfirstcasio wrote:@ Alex M, Murgit and mlexicon - Cheers for the advise and kind words guys! I was thinking about remixing my mates tunes actually... The thing is, even though I find if frustrating I can stop loving the process. Hopefully that will see me through.

Are there any intermediate courses out there that anyone could suggest? Something to help get me over the hump as it were. I feel I have been stuck there for a long time!

Also, sorry for diverting the subject of the thread some.
You could look on youtube for things you want to learn. At the moment I'm taking a online course in Reaktor supplied by someone via youtube vids.