Where are you at in your productions?

- ask away
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

arrangement is my weakest point, but I'm working on it. it's funny, I don't have a problem in slow music/ triphop tracks with it, but when it comes to house/techno it's difficult for me.

and I discovered that in most cases the faster I finish something the better it is.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

definitely a complete change of equipment and technique. with every kind of music ive ever done, i come up against a wall, where i feel ive learned the tools i'm using inside out, and theres no where to go for me.
it usually coincides with the music style itself becoming stale and repetitive.
i usually bail out altogether, and move on to something completely different, but i love electronic music so much and ive invested so much time into it, and there are so many tools out there i havent used, i'm just starting all over again.

modular synthesis !

and i disagree that subtractive synthesis has been done, thats like saying music has been done. its easy to think that if all you know is fixed architecture synthesizers.
Utopian82
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Utopian82 »

regler wrote:arrangement is my weakest point, but I'm working on it. it's funny, I don't have a problem in slow music/ triphop tracks with it, but when it comes to house/techno it's difficult for me.

and I discovered that in most cases the faster I finish something the better it is.
I completely agree! If I spend any longer than a day on the basic part of arrangement (structure) then I'll end up starting a whole new song (loop :) ). I've had a horrible case of the loop attack for years and finally i'm getting out of it.

I think we should have some sort of AA style meeting for the loopers in here! :lol:
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

I think we should have some sort of AA style meeting for the loopers in here!
word! :-) it's really getting better here, but sometimes I fall into relapse.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

I think we should have some sort of AA style meeting for the loopers in here! :lol:[/quote]

good idea! im not shy, might even shed a few tears!!
bleepbleep
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bleepbleep »

Lately i've been spending time mucking around on various synths with lots of fx and recording everything. Then going back to the bounce down and chopping out good bits to use as lead,bass and fx sounds in tracks.

As for loop problems, I've got an awesome 8 bar loop happening which I swear I could sit there and listen to over and over for 10 minutes without it sounding boring but I just can't get it to work as a track.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

bleepbleep wrote:Lately i've been spending time mucking around on various synths with lots of fx and recording everything. Then going back to the bounce down and chopping out good bits to use as lead,bass and fx sounds in tracks.

As for loop problems, I've got an awesome 8 bar loop happening which I swear I could sit there and listen to over and over for 10 minutes without it sounding boring but I just can't get it to work as a track.
post it up!!
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

^^^ haha, word!!

id say in a situation like that, maybe work on it with a friend / collaborate with someone on it. someone else could always bring a fresh perspective to the project. you mightve originally seen it as something you produced yourself but if you can get passed that basic kind of loop and dont know where to take it from there, someone else might be just what you need to push it further. :)