Where are you at in your productions?

- ask away
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Where are you at in your productions?

Post by Maiyal »

Casanova808 wrote:
I'm starting to think that I'm not tortured enough to make decent music :(
I think that is a complete load of 19th century romantic bullshit.

The secret to good music is talent and a work ethic. Don't buy into that tortured artist crap; just sit down, clear your mind, and get to work.
Yeah. What's better than opening your blinds and windows, letting a nice summer breeze in with the sunshine and tappity tap tap tap away at your piece of gear of choice. Wonderful. :)
When I do this, I can't really say there's any suffering/torture there.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

Casanova808 wrote:
I'm starting to think that I'm not tortured enough to make decent music :(
I think that is a complete load of 19th century romantic bullshit.

The secret to good music is talent and a work ethic. Don't buy into that tortured artist crap; just sit down, clear your mind, and get to work.
correction: and have some fun.

Don't take it all too serious sometimes. you'll focus too much on how good your music has to be.

I've earned a bachelor of music and i feel i'm on quite a good level. Let's say technically i'm not worse then some pro's. Tho i still need to work on my music itself, but that just needs some experience months/years.
joe987
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re:

Post by joe987 »

[quote="Myfirstcasio"]@ Alex M, Murgit and mlexicon - Cheers for the advise and kind words guys! I was thinking about remixing my mates tunes actually... The thing is, even though I find if frustrating I can stop loving the process. Hopefully that will see me through.

Are there any intermediate courses out there that anyone could suggest? Something to help get me over the hump as it were. I feel I have been stuck there for a long time!

Also, sorry for diverting the subject of the thread some.[/quote]

The guys over at point blank online school do some really good courses. Although quite pricey they are worth it. They do genre specific courses which are around £400 and also do software specific courses such as a logic beginner or logic advanced course for £750.

I took the logic beginner course after struggling to teach myself through youtube videos and online bits and bobs. In fairness it went over a lot of stuff I already knew how to do but gave me a deeper understanding and taught me some really useful stuff which meant I could have more fun getting the results I wanted.
joe987
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re:

Post by joe987 »

also in their courses you send off an assignment each week and your tutor reviews it and sends you a video of them going over it tweaking it and offering advice. very useful and gives you immediate results!

No I don't have any links with them just hesitantly paid quite a bit of money to take a course and was pleased with it.
Last edited by joe987 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
joe987
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by joe987 »

[quote="Myfirstcasio"]@ Alex M, Murgit and mlexicon - Cheers for the advise and kind words guys! I was thinking about remixing my mates tunes actually... The thing is, even though I find if frustrating I can stop loving the process. Hopefully that will see me through.

Are there any intermediate courses out there that anyone could suggest? Something to help get me over the hump as it were. I feel I have been stuck there for a long time!

Also, sorry for diverting the subject of the thread some.[/quote]

The guys over at point blank online school do some really good courses. Although quite pricey they are worth it. They do genre specific courses which are around £400 and also do software specific courses such as a logic beginner or logic advanced course for £750.

I took the logic beginner course after struggling to teach myself through youtube videos and online bits and bobs. In fairness it went over a lot of stuff I already knew how to do but gave me a deeper understanding and taught me some really useful stuff which meant I could have more fun getting the results I wanted.