- ask away
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

Minimal Samples wrote:
damagedgoods wrote:There's a new free update coming soon as well:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... hp?t=80682
Interesting stuff. Somebody at one point mentioned that at some point the maschine might get analog emulation drum synths at some point. If they were to do that I would buy one.
Unlikely to be any time in the near future since it's currently 100% sample based (as is the MPC). Maybe they meant the vintage sampler emulations?
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
gosh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gosh »

I'm an MPC 2500 user (for production and my liveset) and I must admit I get a bit of gear lust for Maschine - mainly for it's integration and browsing ability!

I love my MPC and I work solely on hardware (machinedrum, blofeld, tetra, fr revoultion and mpc) but I find I spend (waste!) hours grooving away without ever finihsing studio tracks. I know this is primarily due to user error but I do think with something like maschine wins is the abiltiy to then just drag and drop stuff out.
How do you guys track out your MPC? In sync (which i always struggle with) or out-of sync and then edit start/end etc?

What's your work-flow? Do you sequence synths on MPC solely or do you sequence in DAW and import midi-files to MPC?

Questions, questions! Remind me how great my MPC is please!!
gosh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gosh »

should point out in relation to MPC1000 vs maschine is this..

When it comes to stability, midi-clock and hardware sequencing NOTHING beats an MPC IMHO.

Its the master clock of my set-up and everything is tight as tight can be always - no hic-ups! I sooo struggle getting my laptop to do the same!! :(
gosh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gosh »

should point out in relation to MPC1000 vs maschine is this..

When it comes to stability, midi-clock and hardware sequencing NOTHING beats an MPC IMHO.

Its the master clock of my set-up and everything is tight as tight can be always - no hic-ups! I sooo struggle getting my laptop to do the same!! :(
lcvl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcvl »

Atheory wrote:a house is not a home without an mpc.
so true! :D
Dubby music & free samples http://leocavallo.bandcamp.com
nrjizer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nrjizer »

Lots of good input so far, thanks everyone.

Perhaps I should clarify my goals a bit more: Logic is my main DAW, and although I love its capabilities I find myself getting into loop-itis very easily, mostly because arrangement in Logic requires (for the most part) dragging/dropping MIDI blocks around, which is not very intuitive. I feel the need to get into an "arrange less, record more" philosophy. Lately I've been getting more into Ableton for that reason.

I can't see myself getting entirely OTB any time soon, so I need something that's going to integrate easily enough with my DAW(s). Although, I am intrigued by the possibility of sequencing all my hardsynths via the MPC and simply running them into Logic for effects/recording. I've never used an MPC though so I have no idea how useful it is as a master sequencer as opposed to something like Ableton or Logic.
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

nrjizer wrote:Lots of good input so far, thanks everyone.

Perhaps I should clarify my goals a bit more: Logic is my main DAW, and although I love its capabilities I find myself getting into loop-itis very easily, mostly because arrangement in Logic requires (for the most part) dragging/dropping MIDI blocks around, which is not very intuitive. I feel the need to get into an "arrange less, record more" philosophy. Lately I've been getting more into Ableton for that reason.

I can't see myself getting entirely OTB any time soon, so I need something that's going to integrate easily enough with my DAW(s). Although, I am intrigued by the possibility of sequencing all my hardsynths via the MPC and simply running them into Logic for effects/recording. I've never used an MPC though so I have no idea how useful it is as a master sequencer as opposed to something like Ableton or Logic.
Maschine is very good for the "less tweaking, more playing" side of things. However, while it works well with its internal sequencer I've never used it as a plugin and I'm not sure how well it does or doesn't work in terms of workflow within a host DAW. I've heard one person say he wasn't a fan of working with it in Ableton because he felt it was too much of its own microcosm within another application, but then, plenty of people seem to really like it too.

Have you considered working with ableton and an APC or launchpad?
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

my MPC 1000 is deadly !

the DA converters are amazing, I borrowed a friends to try out, and went and bought my own the next day. As soon as you load samples into it, it just sounds "right"

it's also loud as fck so you can run it really hot into your desk and get some really warm saturations and distortions

definitely get the JJ OS for it too...