drum machine+sequencer....

- ask away
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

drum machine+sequencer....

Post by Audio Dependent »

OK, so i want to get a drum machine and sequencer mainly for my live setup to hopefully let me go computer free. i've been considering my options for some time now and i am still stuck! (-) :?:

here are the different things I am considering....

Machinedrum
Jomox 999
DRM1 MK3 + mpc1000
drumstation + mbase11 + mbrane11 + mpc1000

i think there are pros and cons to each setup - obviously the machinedrum and jomox are simpler and more potable for a live setup. i've heard good and bad things about all these options and i'd really appreciate people's direct experiences as it is hard to try out all the options.

i guess my main priority is sound, but that is closely followed by usability within a live situation and price.

any input, and comments greatly received. :)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

DRM1 has no patch memory and it's big. it's awesome in the studio but playing live will be a tricky. i'm working on a computer free live set and i'm just concentrating on the EMX and now the Evolver.

what happened to your MFB?
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

wrong place
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

tone-def wrote:DRM1 has no patch memory and it's big. it's awesome in the studio but playing live will be a tricky. i'm working on a computer free live set and i'm just concentrating on the EMX and now the Evolver.

what happened to your MFB?
yeah i think the drm1 is out for these reasons....

the mfb is a fun and interesting piece of kit but it is very fiddly and not very flexible in a live situation.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

dont spend your money on the jomox..its not worth the price imo.
because you would get tr-909 witch is lot better than those new drummers
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

nakoradiomies wrote:dont spend your money on the jomox..its not worth the price imo.
because you would get tr-909 witch is lot better than those new drummers
why?
i have seen and tryed the jomox and it'seemd pretty versatile expecially for live sutation....
soundwise if you whant to buy a jomox only to have a 909 sound than get a roland, but the jomox has more to offer than just a 909 emulation imo..

i have to agree on the price....

back to topic if your getting the machinedrum consider the uw a good solution for the liveset...
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

i would go for the machinedrum (versatile, small, powerful, live performance friendly)
but at the end it is really a matter of taste!
make your own choice, every person here will tell you something different
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

the jomox can do a lot more than the 909. the 909 is 25 years old, would you really want to take something like that to gigs? also a common problem they have is the sequencers break and your left with just a sound module you control with midi.

i think you will be better of with either the jomox or the machinedrum. you can get more sounds out of the machinedrum but the jomox sound better.