Hardware Setup

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

MagpieIndustries wrote: the korg electribes are super hands-on and really really quick and loads of fun to use, but the sound quality is less than desirable
the sound is still better than most software.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

tone-def wrote:
MagpieIndustries wrote: the korg electribes are super hands-on and really really quick and loads of fun to use, but the sound quality is less than desirable
the sound is still better than most software.
+1... i love the sounds out of the blue one.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

boomstick wrote:phase ghost- one word: plastikman. haunting acid lines. four words actually. in two sentences... :lol:

wadda you guys think about behringer mixers? mackie? roland? the two things im really worried about are effects and a good mixer. of course, im managing to be worried about synths and live performance.
outboard effects wise, some of the budget lexicons are good, i have a mx500 and a mx100, i dont think they make them anymore, but they make other budget models (mx200 about £150 new on ebay) i dont know what they are like but if mine are anthing to go by, its quality algorythms.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

roland juno-6 or 60

they cost about same than tetra for example but they got more sliders and i think the sound is way more bigger and better

and yes they don´t have midi but there is bunch of retrokits for them

and of course they look like an instrument not a cheap little toy;)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

nakoradiomies wrote:roland juno-6 or 60

they cost about same than tetra for example but they got more sliders and i think the sound is way more bigger and better

and yes they don´t have midi but there is bunch of retrokits for them

and of course they look like an instrument not a cheap little toy;)
they take up a lot more space. I prefer smaller desktop synths are stuff that can go in a rack. the room i'm in now i have no chance of fitting a keyboard in but i could squeeze a tetra in.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

diefenwald wrote:i think i will buy the waldorf blofeld ...
This little guy is sick!!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

boomstick wrote:phase ghost- one word: plastikman. haunting acid lines. four words actually. in two sentences... :lol:

wadda you guys think about behringer mixers? mackie? roland? the two things im really worried about are effects and a good mixer. of course, im managing to be worried about synths and live performance.
and yeah, i'm going to take back everything i said about 303s/xoxbox being limited, i suppose i was trying to say that if its the only piece of hardware you can afford then maybe theres more flexible kit around which you can get more variation from for the money, but its what you do with the kit that matters, its easy to talk bollox about gear, if you fancy a piece of kit just go for it and see what you can do :)
nrjizer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nrjizer »

While we're on the subject of hardware, would anyone care to provide some samples of the SH-101 in action? I know steevio and a few other guys on here have them. I'm trying to acquire 3-4 complementary synths total (I have a NL2X at the moment) and I like the warm/round bass sounds that the 101 tends to produce. But seeing as they're not exactly dirt cheap any more, I'm trying to hear as many working samples as I can before I potentially pull the trigger. I know it's present in a lot of Mathew Johnson / Cobblestone Jazz tracks (particularly W and Traffic Jam, I think).