A&H ZED question

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

::BLM:: wrote:I like the look of the midas venice 160 cc consoles. Anyone used them before?
looks expensive.

i would have thought the r16 would be more your thing as it's got everything you need all in one box. the midas is probably very good but once you add an audio interface it's probably about twice as much :(

from what i've read it's more of a live mixer too
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

livecollective wrote:everyone has their own need for differing products. myself a patch bay, and a some micpres and my interface is exactly what I need.
This definitely seems like the way to go, especially in the studio and integrating with digital without spending a fck ton of money. I'm sure you've done your investigations. Could you describe any of the pres and gear? or places to look?

wanted to add something here: after talking with my buddy he recommended getting a couple of the Universal Audio 610s. A bit pricey... but he said "when you run your mics through here, the recording will sound so good on your ears you'll feel like you were in the room recording with them" He usually goes to his buddies place that has all this gear when recording.

I could see my self bussing through a couple of these... and then have one for any recording.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest