http://berghain.de
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Producing Berghain techno?

Post by Mono-xID »

Dal-Tech wrote:Berghain techno sux.
what a shite comment !!!

So Inner City's "Good Life" is "Berghain Techno" too because i heard it a couple of times there? It makes me cringe when i hear someone talk about "Berghain Techno". It's just Techno for fucks sake !!!
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

i mean berghain techno isnt specified anywhere.

but the style was born there and the most kind of music what people call "berghain techno" was similar to what is presented there.

When i listen to a heavy kick with a huge reverb and some dubby influences, the berghain building comes up in my head :D
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

But this kind of Techno was born way before Berghain. Actually it's just raw and pure Techno as it's supposed to be. Basic Channel played Tresor but never Berghain afaik. We had this discussion before in another thread. Ostgut Ton/Berghain DID NOT invented this kind of "reverb rumble" techno so i don't understand why it's called like that.
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

Mono-xID wrote:
Dal-Tech wrote:Berghain techno sux.
what a shite comment !!!

So Inner City's "Good Life" is "Berghain Techno" too because i heard it a couple of times there? It makes me cringe when i hear someone talk about "Berghain Techno". It's just Techno for fucks sake !!!
Berghain Techno = boring.
Berghain club = hype.

Progressive House Build-Up #1

It might as well be prog house build up music from 1996 as far as I'm concerned.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

dirddey_iddler wrote:check mixes from

berghain Residents:
Marcel Dettmann
Ben Klock
Len Faki
etc.

style
dark industrialized techno

http://berghain.de
https://soundcloud.com/marceldettmann

If you want to make music like this just use Garage Band. Load in 909 samples with compression, load the FM synth in Garage Band, program some loopy grooves, melancholy simplistic melodies, apply subtle effects. Make sure it's very monotonous and loopy. Start off with a kick pattern and slowly bring in the hi-hats or "chi-chi-chi-" maracas.

Make sure all of your music is extra melancholy. That means your a cool person and also sound like everyone else who thinks they are cool. 8)
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

Dal-Tech wrote:Berghain Techno = boring. Berghain club = hype.
So i guess you don't like Techno because there is no such thing like "Berghain Techno".

As for the club hype: yeah it's a hype. But it's a veeeeery long hype and one with a reason. Show me another club like this in any other european city where you can go nuts for 2-3 whole days non-stop.
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

Dal-Tech wrote:If you want to make music like this just use Garage Band. Load in 909 samples with compression, load the FM synth in Garage Band, program some loopy grooves, melancholy simplistic melodies, apply subtle effects. Make sure it's very monotonous and loopy. Start off with a kick pattern and slowly bring in the hi-hats or "chi-chi-chi-" maracas.

Make sure all of your music is extra melancholy. That means your a cool person and also sound like everyone else who thinks they are cool. 8)
Bitterness maybe because no one listen to you soundcloud? ;)