books

- ask away
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

Daemonix wrote:Best two books if you dont know music theory!! read them in that order!

1) Music Theory for Computer Musicians by Michael Hewitt (Author)
2) Composition for Computer Musicians by Michael Hewitt (Author)

tasos
reading that first one now.
guess i'll look into the second once im done :)
daveashe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daveashe »

klankeffect wrote:daveashe, in what kind of way more possibilities, more intuitive?
In terms of the interface, i think it is more intuitive as i find the speed of getting your idea in your head onto the computer is very quick, once you have your loops set up, you can quickly assign midi controllers and just hit record, jam away until you have your song - then you can edit the bits you want to fix just as in a normal sequencer.

More possibilites in terms of using groups of clips which can be made to play in a certain order or even a random order, this is where you can create generative music that is ever-changing, once its set up you can leave it do its thing - this is just one example.

Even more possibilites when max for live comes out - i cant wait..
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

Depre wrote:
Daemonix wrote:Best two books if you dont know music theory!! read them in that order!

tasos
after those two I got "how to make a noise" the paper copy about synths and when Im back to london Ill go and get a DSI TETRA and a Vermona DRM mk3 :D
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Daemonix wrote:
Depre wrote:

tasos
after those two I got "how to make a noise" the paper copy about synths and when Im back to london Ill go and get a DSI TETRA and a Vermona DRM mk3 :D
the vermona is a beast! I am thinking about buying that one too!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

Chris Crompton wrote:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/2553093 ------->download link

http://www.mininova.org/det/2553093 ------> link that shows what exact documents are in the torrent.
i cant get the torrent to work :(
would ou be willing to zip up the folder with all the files and put it up on sendspace or something so i could download? i dont rly know why it wont torrent im getting some error message :?
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

I'll actually pipe in and dis-recommend (if that's a word) a book. Avoid "The Remixers Bible (Build Better Beats)". Basically a collection of articles from Keyboard magazine. If you've spent any time on forums such as this one, you'll already know more than you'd learn from that book. Really half-baked and overly simplistic articles.
catchpenny
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by catchpenny »

Depre wrote:
Chris Crompton wrote:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/2553093 ------->download link

http://www.mininova.org/det/2553093 ------> link that shows what exact documents are in the torrent.
i cant get the torrent to work :(
would ou be willing to zip up the folder with all the files and put it up on sendspace or something so i could download? i dont rly know why it wont torrent im getting some error message :?
+1 looks like a wealth of infomation!