members tracks area. EVERYONE READ PLEASE

- ask away
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

members tracks area. EVERYONE READ PLEASE

Post by victorgonzales »

I think we should set a goal in that section. Whenever we post up a track we should set a goal for ourselves to review at least five other tracks from other members.

If you recieve a review on your track you should set a goal to do a quick search to see if that member has tracks of his/her own and take the time to return the favor.

Just read about the lack of involvement in the member sections and thought I would suggest this to everyone. make the section a bit more fun and productive for those seeking opinions.
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

great idea in principal, noone will adhere to it though, trying to get feedback in that forum is like getting blood from a stone :(
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

MarkA wrote:great idea in principal, noone will adhere to it though, trying to get feedback in that forum is like getting blood from a stone :(
Yeah I suppose. Maybe they could make it a sticky in the members section that if you want feedback maybe you should give some to others. I always try to review at least five tracks whenever I post something hoping to bribe someone into listening to mine.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

If we had some mnml web space, it would be different.

Most ppl just ignore tracks without a streamable link....

Not sure how that would happen without advertising / sponsorship....
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

well any one can register a soundcloud account so thats a great thing.

I think this is a great idea. If you wan't some feedback it's just common sense that you should return the favour.
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

victorgonzales wrote:
MarkA wrote:great idea in principal, noone will adhere to it though, trying to get feedback in that forum is like getting blood from a stone :(
Yeah I suppose. Maybe they could make it a sticky in the members section that if you want feedback maybe you should give some to others. I always try to review at least five tracks whenever I post something hoping to bribe someone into listening to mine.
yeah I'm the same, I was very rarely getting feedback, so very rarely even post in the members section nowadays, which is a shame :(
Hugues31
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hugues31 »

I totally agree with you !
I do try to post some works from time to time but without expecting a lot of feedbacks and with the time i tend to stop posting .
The section is nice but the thing is that people post there to show their work more than to share with others... I think it's almost the same issue as everyone has with myspace (or even right now with soundcloud... I receive hundred of tracks from people that I don't follow and that are not even following us)
No one to blame... I do try from time to time to have my seconds of egotrip :p
I am guilty most of the time to only listen from people, i ve already read in this forum and most of the time i totally ignore the one shot poster... I got tired of it !!!
But also most of the time i only give positive feedbacks to track i like with some criticals remarks on few points ! I won't see myself coming there and saying "Nope i don't like..."
I am also guilty to only listen and to not comment even if I do like... but i ll try to change that :p
... But don't think it will make people more involved in the section !
idlemode
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by idlemode »

For every track i put up i try to give feed back to at least one person, and when i have enough time i also try to give feedback to more. but as a beginner though i worry wether my advice would be helpful or detrimental? Anyway i give comments when i feel i have something to add. This is on other forums too as i frequent a cpl, not posting often though.

And yes i find it much easier if there is a soundcloud link or myspace link etc.