mnml newbie

Techno bass question

Post by artic_origin »

Hi,

anyone here got any idea how to create a bass line line this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI3-WbfQuJw

any tips are welcome!

thanx
Last edited by artic_origin on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

and then they call themselves producers and sound engineers:)))
its all about the rhythm
artic_origin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by artic_origin »

Rookas wrote:and then they call themselves producers and sound engineers:)))
... I thought this forum was about helping each other.... I think every amature (and pro) producer wants to expand their knowledge.
I never said that I was a sound engineer, I do see myself as a music producer, cause that is what I do as a hobby.

so if you want to help me out as a producer and sound engineer that would be great. and if you dont, thats ok too but dont flame me for asking some questions..

thanx!
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

So you are a self-proclaimed "producer" and you would like us to "produce" for you, a midi file and patch with that bass sound....

interesting paradox you placed in front of us. A cat is in a closed box, you open it... what does the cat do?

if you can figure out what the cat does, i'll tell you how to make that noise and ill give you a midi file.
artic_origin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by artic_origin »

livecollective wrote:So you are a self-proclaimed "producer" and you would like us to "produce" for you, a midi file and patch with that bass sound....
interesting paradox you placed in front of us. A cat is in a closed box, you open it... what does the cat do?
if you can figure out what the cat does, i'll tell you how to make that noise and ill give you a midi file.
(-)
...sorry for asking....it was not my intention to ask you all to produce something for me. if you can help me to get in the right direction i really want to understand how the bass sound is made, thats it. but nevermind.
btw, i think the cat stays in the box for a while and finaly jumps out.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

no its dead lol
its all about the rhythm
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

I dont get people here sometime. If somebody asks a question that seams too nooby for them, they just flame insted of help the guy. all i can say is that you should remember that once you were a noob too and even though you learned yourslef, that doesnt mean you cant help.

Hard to hear through youtube.
this is how it sound to me:
Pulse waveform on in the osc, the pwm doesnt move, so adjust it manualy to sound best for you. could be a sub osc too (same but 1 octave down).
amp envelope-no attack, no decay, full sustain, no release.
24db filter, close the cutoff and add some resonance to emphesise the low freq's.
another eneveloe that modulate the cutoff with no attack, no sustain, no release. than adjust the decay and modulation amount to fit to your track.
artic_origin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by artic_origin »

Stomper wrote:I dont get people here sometime. If somebody asks a question that seams too nooby for them, they just flame insted of help the guy. all i can say is that you should remember that once you were a noob too and even though you learned yourslef, that doesnt mean you cant help.

Hard to hear through youtube.
this is how it sound to me:
Pulse waveform on in the osc, the pwm doesnt move, so adjust it manualy to sound best for you. could be a sub osc too (same but 1 octave down).
amp envelope-no attack, no decay, full sustain, no release.
24db filter, close the cutoff and add some resonance to emphesise the low freq's.
another eneveloe that modulate the cutoff with no attack, no sustain, no release. than adjust the decay and modulation amount to fit to your track.
thanx alot m8! gonna try this with my Virus TI.