Techno bass question

- ask away
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

i didnt read all three pages but one trick i like to use for bass is to send the signal to two different audio channels. one gets lowpassed and mono'd and the upper harmonics get sent to a different channel where they get some stereo widening. so you have that deep bass but a more spatial impression of the bass on top
Deefex
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Deefex »

^^Good trick
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

^ Yeh, +1

Some really good tricks and idea have come out in this thread!
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Deefex wrote:wow, i don't post in here very much but i had to post in this thread. this guy was just asking for some help and people flame him. that's just wrong man. what's up with that? why all the drama? we are supposed to be a community of compassion and understanding. we are supposed to be smarter then that, let's now act childish for no reason. now i don't know if this guy goes around here claiming he's hot sht but that was just uncalled for if he was just asking how do you get a sound like that.
Eyes wide open now....

Don't expect too much from people or you will be disappointed. In some ways the junior high mentality never leaves society. Run with the pack, mimic others and don't do anything to draw attention to yourself other then what others think is a cool way to draw attention to yourself. Don't ask question or ask for peoples opinions because you are just opening your self up.

Aside from that aspect... there's just a lot of negative people around here looking for a reason to be critical. Perhaps due to a lack of serotonin. IDK, just a guess.

I asked a similar question once about a sound but I made sure that mention that I don't want to be "one of those guys." That way I only had to deal with a couple people's cliche responses. Take note...
aciduss
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by aciduss »

Aside from that aspect... there's just a lot of negative people around here looking for a reason to be critical. Perhaps due to a lack of serotonin. IDK, just a guess.
+1

As a newbie i have also recieved very agressive feedback on this forum before... i dont post that much around but after reading a lot in here i definitly can feel this elitist vibe among techno producers that i don't encounter in other forums... the content is still pretty cool tho.

I have the theory people act like this becauise techno, and dance music production at the end is pretty simple and easy to do... of course it takes a lifetime to polish techniques but people seem to get mad when asked all this "secret elite techs", maybe it is too much for them to admit coolest techno basslines are just a sinewave... also it is just a theory of mine... it also could be Schumann resonances hehe.

peace
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

the bassline is amazing!
franksterling
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by franksterling »

thanks for the help!

having done mainly d&b, breaks and downbeat before this helps a lot.
Last edited by franksterling on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Crompton
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Chris Crompton »

So I'm pretty new to this site, and I just wanted to thank everyone who's helped arctic_origin because it's helped me out a lot too!