female producers and their view on music

- ask away
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

I think in girle tracks its all too much pretty, and I wish they would stop using wedding bells and wedding song snipets in their trax. THeyre just making us nervous.
:lol:

Umm

I think they sound the same. I think perhaps maybe sometimes a female producer might consciously think of not being delicate, because she is a female and she wants to portray something else.
But for the most part they sound the same.
dunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dunkel »

mlexicon wrote:
I think they sound the same. I think perhaps maybe sometimes a female producer might consciously think of not being delicate, because she is a female and she wants to portray something else.
But for the most part they sound the same.
this is a really stupid reply , its like saying all male made music is the same :roll:

and as for the topic, that i don't find sexist at all, plaster could have brought it up differently. my girlfriend is a graphic designer and she works the softwares like a madafuka.
If i brought my girl into this let me also mention that she reads this forum every once in a while and thinks (her words not mine): "a bunch of boys acting all arti farti but every second sentence is chauvinistic or narrow minded"
FYI :wink:
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

all i meant is that women are as talented as men

dont be such a lil negative nancy

:lol:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

haha, i knew this is a touchy topic!

i find it odd how girls don't like to get to know audio programs, but when it comes to graphics they really kick ass. i always like to see females better in music business... not because they are in minority, but cos of the feeling the put into the music. if you listen carefully to any female production (being that with the help of a guy) it sounds different.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

plaster wrote:haha, i knew this is a touchy topic!

i find it odd how girls don't like to get to know audio programs, but when it comes to graphics they really kick ass. i always like to see females better in music business... not because they are in minority, but cos of the feeling the put into the music. if you listen carefully to any female production (being that with the help of a guy) it sounds different.

It may sound 'different' to you, because of how YOU are listening to it knowing that a female produced it. However, this may not be considered a bad thing because ultimately, it is about expression and bringing your own touch/twist/feel to the music you play/produce. If it sounds different, then the artist (guy or girl) had the ability to distinguish their own creations from the million others who are producing; which might I add, is a very positive thing because it are those innovative sounds that we all crave.

To put it straight and simple, the question of "why aren't there more females in the industry" will always be asked. It's a question with no answer because answering would mean going back to the dawn of humankind, distinguishing male and female roles from day 1. Lets not generalize nor genderize please, that gets old fast.

But keeping topic, all I know is that there are more women who pop up in the industry each and every day, and soon women will no longer be looked at as a minority, and men and women will be not be categorized by their sex, nor segregated when discussing music and production. It's happening already.

The topic isn't sexist, however -- it was asked in a ridiculous manner.

Now, my morning smoke please.

Cheers:)
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Zsa Zsa wrote: But keeping topic, all I know is that there are more women who pop up in the industry each and every day, and soon women will no longer be looked at as a minority, and men and women will be not be categorized by their sex, nor segregated when discussing music and production. It's happening already.

okay, so i'm wondering why female producers have a hard time getting to know audio programs? i mean, graphic programs are way more complex than audio apps, yet i know girls who kick ass in them, but when it comes to audio, it's like they dissapear.

is it the fact that most girls have a problem to focus on their ideas (audible speaking)?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

plaster wrote:
okay, so i'm wondering why female producers have a hard time getting to know audio programs? i mean, graphic programs are way more complex than audio apps, yet i know girls who kick ass in them, but when it comes to audio, it's like they dissapear.
I guess you didn't see my comment about generalizing/genderizing. I believe you're just trying to be an antagonist. No positivity comes out of behaving that way.
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
dunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dunkel »

For crying out load! how many girls do you know that told you they don't like to get into the audio softwares?!

I'm sorry but I have encountered today way too many prejudice in many forms and i have to say, if your making a point , you better make it solid!
:?
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989