female producers and their view on music

- ask away
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

dunkel wrote: she reads this forum every once in a while and thinks (her words not mine): "a bunch of boys acting all arti farti but every second sentence is chauvinistic or narrow minded"
FYI :wink:
:D

Worth a new topic!
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

dunkel wrote:For crying out load! how many girls do you know that told you they don't like to get into the audio softwares?!
i know three of them. you?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

plaster wrote:
dunkel wrote:For crying out load! how many girls do you know that told you they don't like to get into the audio softwares?!
i know three of them. you?
well. you shouldnt generalize on basis of 3 people. there are a lot more women out there...

and..
i know for example 3 guys that i produce with sometimes dont like to get into the software... are all men that way then?
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

The only difference I see between female and male producers or DJs is how all the pastey white kids react to them... nothing musical, just the fact that they are women.

That out of the way, those interested in that whole "equality" thing people always rant and rave about... the best thing that can be done is not even ask questions... they are music makers.. we're all "machines" when it comes to music.. there's no purpose in genderizing or making distinctions across gender or any other background/classification. You're either good at this thing or not, and as far as women are concerned - it's owed to both them and the rest that they are held to the same standard as anyone. Not higher, not lower.

and to whom it may concern, stop trying to funnel that woman you think would look hot with headphones on into making tracks. It serves no purpose.

Also regarding women and software... I can name a thousand men OR women who don't like software. What's the point?
nowayback
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by nowayback »

perhaps more girls than boys think of learning & implementing audio software is rather 'geeky' or sth...
that might be the reason they're outnumbered so far. oh well, to me all that is so bull$hit.
if a person decides to get involved with something and they really put some hard work on it,
the result could be equally rewarding no matter genders.
this whole conversation reminds me of the social stigma girls have for their driving skills...
such urban legends only exist to make us have a laugh every now and then.

(but here's a msg to the politicians of my country: think again about talking for equal rights when
it comes to retirement ages & pensions, as women STILL can retire at least 5 yrs earlier than men... :roll: ) (lol)
i can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.
http://prop4g4nd4.com
PatStormont
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by PatStormont »

I'll give my two bits:

Why would you want to discern between music made by females and males? I have enough trouble remembering the names of artists let alone pronouncing them or remembering their gender.

And why should it matter? a good track made by a transexual iranian amputee midget is just that ----> a good track.

One thing I have noticed, (and might be relavent) is my local techno scene can be way too macho and testosterone driven. It gets a bit much for me at times.
solace
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by solace »

just makes me wonder...

not knowing who produced the material, would you honestly be able to tell if it was created by a male or female? i think if you can figure that part out, the rest of your questions may seem irrelevant.
[solace.insideout]
dirtybird
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dirtybird »

i don't see a difference. the question is rather absurd.