Protools and logic

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

yeah, i think logic is as simple as it gets. almost everything is laid out in front of you. especially in logic 8, the only import thing thats not right under your nose is the environment window.
leftright
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by leftright »

Protools 8 is now very nice to producing Dance Music..

New plugins/instruments, new midi implementation...

They took most of Logic options!!

I love Logic and hope that they will soon make changement and bring some new features!!

Actually, PT8 are the best DAW on the market!
:: Leftright Mastering ::
Audio Mastering Studio | Hi-End analog and digital hardware gears
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

You can as well rewire Ableton into Pro Tools.. would be a great option too ;)
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
neverever
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by neverever »

yeah , my vote goes for logic , ive used it 7 years now , and cant imagine any other daw , ive used many tho , but logic is the most friendly :)

and i suggest u also keep ableton live for live performances , nothing beats that :)
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

So sorry , never researched it... you need some extra hardware to use protools dont you?
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

I love my Pro Tools 8! But that's right that midi isn't that fine... but it's got much better with V8.0, midi editor implemented and so. The A.I.R fx and instruments are really cool, especially the fx...
and yeah, there's no bid difference between a LE, M-Powered and HD. There are some few functions that are not served within LE and M-Powered, but that are things you don't really need for a home studio. u can get PT LE with that little usb-interface for about €150 or so...
but I often use Live8 per rewire for doing midi beats and so.

But if you want to play live, there's no reason to pick Pro Tools, that's an Audio Monster, you can mix like hell and master and all kind of post production and of course producing too, but not at all doind a live set.

I thaught yeah, Pro Tools for mixing and Ableton per Rewire for playing live, but no way, Ableton in Rewire Mode serves no Plugins (Or am I too studid? hehe).

Just pick what you like most, in my case it was PT... I used EnergyXT before that and had a lot of fun.. so it don't need to be the expensive "high end" software

cheers.! :D

edit: Yeah, you need Pro Tools certified HW, that's the Digidesign Interfaces or M-Audio cards (but you can't just buy software without hardware, so don't worry, u don't have to buy anything extra)... I've got a 003Rack, is about €1000, but with a bunch full of fullversion instruments and plugins... more or less u dont need much more software for being super creativ)
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

optX wrote: edit: Yeah, you need Pro Tools certified HW, that's the Digidesign Interfaces or M-Audio cards (but you can't just buy software without hardware, so don't worry, u don't have to buy anything extra)... I've got a 003Rack, is about €1000, but with a bunch full of fullversion instruments and plugins... more or less u dont need much more software for being super creativ)

so I would need the protools software 150 bucks and an interface for like ~1000?
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

no no, the 003 Rack Interface is about €1000, the M-Box Micro or so is about €150. So for that €150 you get that little usb inteface and PT 8. But I'd choose a bigger M-Box, that would be about €300-450.

http://www.thomann.de/at/digidesign_mbox_2_micro.htm
http://www.thomann.de/at/digidesign_mbox_2_mini.htm
http://www.thomann.de/at/digidesign_mbox_2.htm
http://www.thomann.de/at/digidesign_dig ... tory_2.htm

the Factory Bundle is always a big Software Bundle.