rme vs motu

- ask away
fromkaraoketostardom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

rme vs motu

Post by fromkaraoketostardom »

hello

i guess it's been asked several times, i'm hesitating between rme fireface 400 & motu ultralite, to use live with macbook, and at home with pc tower, cubase & live....any one tried both in same kind of configuration ? which one is better suite, good points, bad points ?

thanx for helping me out

j.
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

I haven't tried both, I am an RME user but I have a multiface II.
I'd say go for RME but I was reading somewhere that some people have some issues with the firefaces, you might want to check here:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/

good luck
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

RME sounds quite a bit better to my ears. The motu stuff sounds flabby by comparison. I consider the RME stuff just under the quality of Apogee or Metric Halo conversion... whereas I consider the MOTU lower in quality.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

rme sound is better. The motu is no slouch tho and it comes with some nice effects, including a high class reverb.
fromkaraoketostardom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fromkaraoketostardom »

thank u guys ! i went for the rme, and thanx especially sorgenkind, the guy at the shop called rme to make sure it would fit with new macbook pro...good to be sure it was ok before investing that amount of cash...
marcneyen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by marcneyen »

don't trust the guy at the shop, bought recently a new mac as well and that problem the rme 400 has with the fw chip used on some macs happened to me as well.workaround on the new macbook pro is to get an express card 34 that adds fw 400 to the laptop. for more info read the loooong story on the rme forum.
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

fromkaraoketostardom wrote:went for the rme
you won't regret, don't know that much about motu but i use a mutiface II since years and i'm more than satisfied
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

i'm interested in going RME... do people use this in their laptops? whats it like to travel with?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest