Sending our tracks to...

- ask away
Electron
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Sending our tracks to...

Post by Electron »

Recently I'm tempted to send 2 or 3 songs I do to some netlabel to see how response the people but I don't know how a netlabel works and be sure that I'm not a professional musician.
Can anyone here tell me (in plain language please... my english is really bad) how works one netlabel or how I can do to send my work on it?
If are any benefit (not economial, like promotion or discounts in hardware [please... I need hard discount in hardware :lol:] or something like this) please tell me too.

Thanks!
Mini_male
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Sending our tracks to...

Post by fredrik_h »

Electron wrote:Recently I'm tempted to send 2 or 3 songs I do to some netlabel to see how response the people but I don't know how a netlabel works and be sure that I'm not a professional musician.
Can anyone here tell me (in plain language please... my english is really bad) how works one netlabel or how I can do to send my work on it?
usually they have a contact adress for sending demos which can be found on the netlabel's page. some accept links to mp3's, some want them sent by mail - some do both. Usually there's no mastering, but on some labels there is (thinner atleast?).
Electron wrote:If are any benefit (not economial, like promotion or discounts in hardware [please... I need hard discount in hardware :lol:] or something like this) please tell me too.
You gotta be joking, right? :) .... netlabels doesn't owe you anything really. you get alot of promotion through that they display your release on their page - you should be grateful for that. I don't want to sound hostile or anything but they don't make any money out of it you know, actually it's pretty much the opposite. (well, thinner sells their t-shirts - but that's it)
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jpls »

fredrikburok wrote:
You gotta be joking, right? :) .... netlabels doesn't owe you anything really. you get alot of promotion through that they display your release on their page - you should be grateful for that. I don't want to sound hostile or anything but they don't make any money out of it you know, actually it's pretty much the opposite. (well, thinner sells their t-shirts - but that's it)
hm...i dont know who you work with but i got a great deal on my ferrari
through my netlabel. maybe you need a better agent.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

yo i got me a sweet ride myself!

netlabel= big bux and fast cars

fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

jpls wrote:
fredrikburok wrote:
hm...i dont know who you work with but i got a great deal on my ferrari
through my netlabel. maybe you need a better agent.
:lol:
Electron
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Electron »

fredrikburok wrote: You gotta be joking, right? :) .... netlabels doesn't owe you anything really. you get alot of promotion through that they display your release on their page - you should be grateful for that. I don't want to sound hostile or anything but they don't make any money out of it you know, actually it's pretty much the opposite. (well, thinner sells their t-shirts - but that's it)
As I said, my english is really poor... my post can sound confusing.

I not looking for money at all, but I think that it will be a good promotion for music shops or hard / soft developers if they support the netlabel cause and help the artists how hand over his music.

This sounds crazy for you?
Mini_male
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Electron wrote:
As I said, my english is really poor... my post can sound confusing.

I not looking for money at all, but I think that it will be a good promotion for music shops or hard / soft developers if they support the netlabel cause and help the artists how hand over his music.

This sounds crazy for you?
Yes
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

jpls wrote:hm...i dont know who you work with but i got a great deal on my ferrari through my netlabel...
roflmao :lol:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...