minimal/tech software & vst......?

- ask away
monophunk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

minimal/tech software & vst......?

Post by monophunk »

hi guys....
i've been producing house for 5 years and i wanna start makin minimal..can u give me some tips or idea's.
i work with reason 4 and fl studio and have omnisphere and komplete 5...
superk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by superk »

You can make minimal with the same software and vst's that you make house with.

How?

Well you should probably read these forums for a few weeks and then ask a more specific question.

Someone will direct you to our own special mnml vst. most of the guys on here use it.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

hehe mnml vst.

NEWAYS. Minimal is not a specific thing. It is just building good strong rhythm with less filler. LIsten to your favorite artists and instead of listening to the types of sounds they are using pay attention to the overall structure of the songs. notice how certain parts bring a certain aspect of the song.

Then apply what you hear through your own creativity in making sounds. Minimal is not a sound really but a structure that is well.....minimal
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferdy »

you've been producing for five years, so you should know you're vst's inside out to make whatever sort of track you want. be original. goodluck,
monophunk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by monophunk »

ferdy wrote:you've been producing for five years, so you should know you're vst's inside out to make whatever sort of track you want. be original. goodluck,
yes i know my vst's very well but when i try to make a minimal track i end always with a electro/house song :? ....
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferdy »

monophunk wrote:
ferdy wrote:you've been producing for five years, so you should know you're vst's inside out to make whatever sort of track you want. be original. goodluck,
yes i know my vst's very well but when i try to make a minimal track i end always with a electro/house song :? ....
hmm...well maybe you shouldnt start a track with the aim of making a minimal track. whatevers flow out of you will sound way better than something forced. :)
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: minimal/tech software & vst......?

Post by humeka »

monophunk wrote:i've been producing house for 5 years and i wanna start makin minimal
forget about it and play whatever comes out your composition process! don't try to sound something particular, just sound yourself! you will define your style when the track will be finished...
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

OMG :!:
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/