post your kick drum

- ask away
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

AK i agree - you are right, but please understand that english is not my mothers language so i sometimes find it difficult to express myself clearly, i try my best.

on your second quote - yeah i know it sounded rude, sorry... but hey, at least i stopped myself from asking the eternal rudest question - "who taught you maths?" :lol:

edit: ok forgive the bad jokes and to the point - a simple example of one way being "righter" than another (for a given task) is what i mentioned above - the phases in a saw wave corelate in such a way that if you band pass a saw you will get a perfectly harmonic drop down in pitch. using a pitch envelope on a sine, you simply cannot be sure of the same. (which may in some cases be a good thing but thats not the subject).
Last edited by s.k. on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

s.k. wrote: on your second quote - yeah i know it sounded rude, sorry... but hey, at least i stopped myself from asking the eternal rudest question - "who taught you maths?" :lol:
. :D :D your posts are getting better and better.

great thread.

:D :D :D
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

s.k. wrote: edit: ok forgive the bad jokes and to the point - a simple example of one way being "righter" than another (for a given task) is what i mentioned above - the phases in a saw wave corelate in such a way that if you band pass a saw you will get a perfectly harmonic drop down in pitch. using a pitch envelope on a sine, you simply cannot be sure of the same. (which may in some cases be a good thing but thats not the subject).
I never meant to sound like I was literate in FM synthesis. More asking for some advices about the theory of creating kicks out of FM. You did start greatly here.
Could you please expand a bit on it ? Does the bandpass need to follow an envelope of some sort ?
Please do geek out and feel free to go to much in details.

*and as for who taught me math, well I haven't practiced much for quite some time now. I'm an architect not an engineer. However whenever you need help in that field, i'd be very glad to help you ;)
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

mmm... i delete it.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

s.k. wrote:mmm... i delete it.

what?? the post was actually good imo. I was actually thinking about it.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

well you read it anyway.. so i guess its fine.

here i post another one... damn i should make a drum machine... again no low tail here, just to show that the tail isnt everything... this is what should give the punch and clarity. i tweaked it to my taste so it hits mildly, not too hard, theres almost this tonal quality to it, so it sounds good at really low volume too. maybe just a bit too clicky but oh well... my patch has a taste of its own now.

anyway here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qoxpjo

hey Atheory, hows that fft~ patch coming along man, any breakthrough?
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

^^^^^

yeah i think its coming along ok, but i always think that. i've not spent a lot of time on it lately cause i've been finishing music for a change.