mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Lbrl Techno?
:lol:
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

In a world so diverse, can it really be reduced to two opposing teams? Which one is supposed to be the good guy? Is the other side 100% bad?

:?:
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: From Left to Right

Post by victorgonzales »

Atheory wrote:you know when dance music started out and it was, by and large, far left. parties, general mood etc, probably a kind of watery left, but it was something different for that generation. you can hear in the music definilty some sort of hope.

obviously its been happening for years, (1994 bill seems like a major milestone of sorts) but just reading the forum and listening to trakcs and stuff, its amazing how strictly conservative everythings become.

sometimes men moaning about getting payed for their plodding, generative tracks really underlines the point for me. depresssing.
As a constitutional republican and conservative I find it a bit insulting that you would refer people bitching about money as being conservative. Last I checked conservatives believed on earning their keep rather than entitlements of the left which would fit your discription.

Other than that one small fraction of the scene I dont really see how any of it relates to left or right politicaly. Please explain with some facts on how you relate the state of music to politics.

I think maybe you are just liberal and you dont like the state of music and you are trying to express that by commparing it to something else you hate without any justification. Prove me wrong.

A can agree to the state of music and commercialization but you are way off trying to relate that to politics.
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: From Left to Right

Post by trak660 »

victorgonzales wrote:
I think maybe you are just liberal and you dont like the state of music and you are trying to express that by commparing it to something else you hate without any justification.
+1

Last time I checked, consumerism wasn't registered to a political party.

:lol:
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

ok, i obviously need to spell it out.

@torque: i presume your joking a bit, i'm not implying that your political headspace affects everything you do.

@trak660: yes, the world is diverse and no we cant say its one side against the other, and i didnt do that. i'm talking about the general mood into which our records are released. the environments they are consumed in. the way the are purchased, analysed etc. the idea of a record being listened to in a chrome club somewhere as against a warehouse. that sort of thing.

@victor: i've never felt any strong alliance to any political party personally so this is not about some disgruntled, jaded partisan trying to play the blame game, well not on my side anyway.
just to clear up, im not saying producers should be political or push certain opinions, but you may have noticed the trend of artist/creative circles being slightly left leaning? you may have noticed some political themes coursing through lots of art and books? much art is born out of political situations/restrictions.

mid 80s detroit, late 80s-early90s uk,late 80s germany, the fall of the berlin wall. does anyone honestly think that politics didnt affect these things and in turn colour the music?
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

Atheory wrote:@trak660: yes, the world is diverse and no we cant say its one side against the other, and i didnt do that. i'm talking about the general mood into which our records are released. the environments they are consumed in. the way the are purchased, analysed etc. the idea of a record being listened to in a chrome club somewhere as against a warehouse. that sort of thing.
I don't understand the glossy chrome thing either, except being a great gimmick for selling music to shallow hipsters. :lol:
As far as music purchases go, I check the new releases then log off. I don't care what the artist looks like or whether their label has logo t-shirts or towels for sale.
my advice: Ignore everything that sucks about today's techno and just pay attention to what's positive. The fakes and phonies will fade away over time. We will be around long after they are gone and forgotten. 8)
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

^^^

oh its not even that. economics is economics, its more the overall mood, or lack of it.

theres some acts making amazing stuff, and loads and loads of people doing good to passable stuff. just seems a bit stagnant. it was meant to be real exciting.
anyway, enough moaning.