NAMM 2009

- ask away
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Im not a Live user, so Max doesnt excites me.

its all new softwares and controllers that doesnt do anything that hasnt been done before. a synth might sound better than other synth but it is another soft synth and nothing else.

a controller might feet the need of someone more than older controllers. but still it is just a controller. maybe a feature that make u say "yeah thats cool" but nothing that will leave your mouth open.

ok so the virus will have a better sound engine, that cool. but not that exciting.
i was waiting for linn drum 2 but its not ready yet (maybe namm2010).
the only software that excited me was Camel Audio's Alchemy.
i think last year was much more exciting. maybe its because i have all the gear i need. maybe its because there realy wasnt anything exciting.
dont know.
Broken
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Broken »

+1 for the largo...looking forward to that one too.
plastik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by plastik »

well I just don't get the native intruments audio4 dj. :?
I mean: come on, why not marketing a firewire soundcard instead?
who is gonna need that "half audio8 dj" card? and what does it mean "it's a soundcard specifically designed for traktor"? are you kidding me?

first: the audio8 dj ALREADY IS the perfect soundcard for traktor, given that it has 8 outputs that can be used for the 4 traktor's decks (unless you wanna use just 2 decks but that would work too).

the audio4 dj only has 4 outputs, and it looks to me it's the same as audio kontrol 1. granted, they're all great soundcards (the audio8 dj is fantastic!), but I just wish they had unveiled a firewire soundcard. :(