Johnny D Tracks

- ask away
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Johnny D Tracks

Post by blizt »

For me it's the best producer of 2008. No doubt. All his tracks have those rolling grooves you can just listen forever. In fact I started producing some months ago influenced by guys like him, Reboot, Robert Dietz, Nick Curly, the whole Cecille has been an inspiration for me and also the more housy sets from Luciano.
That been said, has someone any hint on how to make those rolling beats. Im not trying to copy his sound, and im not trying to make a new "orbitalife" or any thing like that, so avoid that kind of comments please I'm just seeking for some advice. Thanks.
mrgreynoise

Post by mrgreynoise »

Try to be more specific with your questions, and then try to answer your own questions. Are you asking about the rhythmic pattern? In that case, transcribe the pattern (kick, snare, hat, noise) and see what you learn. Are you asking about the sounds? Which sound is familiar/unfamiliar to you? How could you find out what they are, or how they are made? Is it about the mix? All of the above? Something else?

By developing your questions and making them more precise you might be able to better know where your lack of knowledge is and go find the proper resources. This takes years.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

mrgreynoise wrote: By developing your questions and making them more precise you might be able to better know where your lack of knowledge is and go find the proper resources. This takes years.
So true. This is something we should all do! People are impatient... learning yourself is much more rewarding as you learn mechanics.
;)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Sounds like a lots of loops mixed together too me. I know someone who made a track that sounded just like Johhny D from loops. Was quite funny to see as the final product sounded exactly the same as his music.
dazza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dazza »

::BLM:: wrote:Sounds like a lots of loops mixed together too me. I know someone who made a track that sounded just like Johhny D from loops. Was quite funny to see as the final product sounded exactly the same as his music.
+1
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

dazza wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:Sounds like a lots of loops mixed together too me. I know someone who made a track that sounded just like Johhny D from loops. Was quite funny to see as the final product sounded exactly the same as his music.
+1
+1
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:
dazza wrote:
+1
+1
+1
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

sven laux wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:
dazza wrote:
+1
+1
+1