Kompakt MP3

- ask away
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Kompakt MP3

Post by AVX23 »

As mentioned elsewhere, Kompakt MP3 has now closed, moving it's exclusives and in house over to Beatport.

I just wondered if anyone here was signed up with them and wether they heard this news in advance, and have got their moneys !

I don't want to get involved in why they shut the site, it wasn't that great anyway but I was wondering how they treated other labels in this respect.

I had heard rumours it was going to happen via a firend in my local vinyl outlet and was at the stage of hoping I could somehow renegotiate my contract or get out completely and asking about how I could get my money due when bang - they just went !!

I don't wanna start a gripe campain, just hoping I wasn't the only one who was taken slightly by surprise by this and is now wondering if our labels combined earnings along with everyone elses has just paid for Mayer's new island in the pacific or something !

Don't really mind running at a loss most of the time when it comes to music, but I don't want to be ripped off, no matter how small the amt.
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

I don't have much information, but I think it's a real shame they've gone. It also begs the question - if Kompakt can't make it work, what hope does anyone else have?

Personally, what I'd like to see is genre specific sites popping up - screw beatport, I'd rather buy the styles I like from sites devoted to them, rather than a site just grubbing for easy money.

Good luck with the funds man, I share your sentiments.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

kwality wrote:It also begs the question - if Kompakt can't make it work, what hope does anyone else have?
Did you ever see the site? It was probably one of the worst site regarding navigation/overview/listening pleasure, when talking about mp3 sites... So I'm not surprised, maybe also because I have some knowledge about how little you should sell to get in their top 10 :)
Anyway, they take away the focus from that, and use their forces on something else.
bum-tak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bum-tak »

i really liked the site, cus it had stuff you couldnt get elsewhere
like:

goosehound
profan
studio 1
audio.nl
avionix

etc

anyone knows if one of the labels mentioned are available on other shops
or if they will be available on BP in the future?
very bomb ep congrats @ all
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

bum-tak wrote:i really liked the site, cus it had stuff you couldnt get elsewhere
like:

goosehound
profan
studio 1
audio.nl
avionix

etc

anyone knows if one of the labels mentioned are available on other shops
or if they will be available on BP in the future?
I read somewhere that their in-house labels would go to BP
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

patrick bateman wrote:
kwality wrote:It also begs the question - if Kompakt can't make it work, what hope does anyone else have?
Did you ever see the site? It was probably one of the worst site regarding navigation/overview/listening pleasure, when talking about mp3 sites... So I'm not surprised, maybe also because I have some knowledge about how little you should sell to get in their top 10 :)
Anyway, they take away the focus from that, and use their forces on something else.
Yeah that site was horrible to navigate.
bum-tak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bum-tak »

victorgonzales wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Yeah that site was horrible to navigate.
yea, thats true! but they had quite a few amazing labels that were nowhere else to buy! it really pisses me off that the shop now is gone before i could complete the backcatalogues of those labels :?
very bomb ep congrats @ all
prussell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by prussell »

same here...there's a few Kreisels i'm missing....