Drums in deep house

- ask away
tintin2085
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Drums in deep house

Post by tintin2085 »

Hi all,

I want to know how the deep house producers (Agnes, Serafin, Bazz...) make the drums (snare, hi hats, claps, kicks...) in their productions.
I have tried to make this kind of drums but I finally make always hard sounds.

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks in advance,
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

:roll:

i want to make the 'exact sound of now' how do i do it? half of them have probs used samples anyway. there is so much stuff i'm hearing at the moment with sampled 'classic loops' it's untrue.
niminal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by niminal »

Nothing like a classic 808 or 909 kick with Low EQ filter pass and a short compression gain on it ..

;)
...House music is the Essence...
..Breaks are the Backbone..
..Minimal is a Must..

http://kamikazesafety-tainment.blogspot.com/
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Just keep practising mate. The drums they are using are really simple...A lot of them just make simple beats, then put a loop behind to give it that extra bit. Baaz's drums are dead simple, just like his productions. The best things often come the easiest.
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

I was listening to an Agnes set recently and I heard the same "Ahh" sample being used on about 6 different tracks!! I recognize the sample from a Vengeance Sample Pack so maybe you'll find what your looking for there
tintin2085
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tintin2085 »

Thanks, guyz for your help :D

I'm not a big sample fan, I prefer creating my own stuff :lol:
But I will look for what the samples are proposing me :lol:
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

tintin2085 wrote:Thanks, guyz for your help :D

I'm not a big sample fan, I prefer creating my own stuff :lol:
But I will look for what the samples are proposing me :lol:
I used to think like that, but you can get real creative when it comes to sampling and I'm talking about where you sample from. The likes of Theo Parrish, Moodymann etc... The original Detroit house don's... all sample, but creatively. There is a video on YouTube of Theo Parrish recording a vocalist under a bridge and basically him going round Detroit recording stuff… I just think that stuff there is proper deep…Lots of feeling gone into the way he makes music. Sampling often gets a bad rep cause you have all these sample packs avaible and people often forget that its more then just downloading a few ready made sample packs off the internet...
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

to expand on some of the above mentionings:

you have a programmed loop of drums (808/909 or whatever). Put a sample loop behind this from one of your favourite funk/disco tracks. Now experiment with a gate on the sample - sidechaining it with your programmed drums can give a nice compliment.

Go further and filter your sample loop etc. lo-pass the sample loop - you can often create your riff/groove this way which is very handy for turning a monotonous drum loop into the beginnings of a track.

Have fun :D