'Ableton Live?!?

- ask away
emsley
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by emsley »

Ya, Ableton is sick, and gets even better with every subsequent release. It's INCREDIBLY fast and user-friendly, and if you're just starting out, definitely a way to get your ideas down quickly. The only thing I think is lacking are the dynamics processors (i.e. compressors, eqs, limiters, etc...) and even the reverb is pretty weak. They just can't stand up to the native plug-ins that come with a professional-grade DAW like Logic... That said though, the learning curve is definitely gentle and you'll LOVE IT within a few minutes of messing around.

Emsley
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

I'd say the verb in Live beats logic's platinum verb by far.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
emsley
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by emsley »

Robot Criminal wrote:I'd say the verb in Live beats logic's platinum verb by far.
You're absolutely right, Live's reverb does kick the Platinum's ass hands down...b/c Platinum kinda sucks... What I was referring to is the reverb plug-in "Space Designer" that is packaged with Logic now. It is bar-none (alongside Altiverb) the BEST reverb "unit" on the market...not many engineers will dispute that. Mess around with it if you have a chance...you'll love it.

Emsley