Sound Card Issues ... :(

- ask away
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Sound Card Issues ... :(

Post by Jesse_mtl »

hey guys, recently ive gotten one fucking powerful laptop, ideal for music production, and live performance... but . i know i need to buy a new soundcard / audio/ midi interface. but id like to know if theres anything i can do right now to lower output latency for cubase... so far cubase is the only prog i have with output latency issues... reason 3, ableton live 5, fruity loops 5 work perfectly can anyone help me out ?
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

what kind of soundcard is it you have?
did you try the asio4all drivers already? (http://www.asio4all.com)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i guess you could adjust the asio parameters in cubase or change from full duplex to asio.

it works.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

k the sound card is basically a 16 bit 44.1 k one . i think i have asio for all, but im not sure how to switch from duplex to asio....
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

thank you so much guys for the audio for all thing its cool. and it turns out my sound card , is an AC97 type card. wutever that means. i think this little prog will work.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

meaning your soundcard is an onboard one which can't do a lot of things. that explains your latency.

you might consider buying a proper sc!
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

Jesse_mtl wrote:thank you so much guys for the audio for all thing its cool. and it turns out my sound card , is an AC97 type card. wutever that means. i think this little prog will work.
Yeah I have this one too. Quite common onboard soundcard in laptops. I'm afraid you can't do much else other than buying an audio interface. These things pick up a lot of noise from inside your computer (like my infrared port, which I had to shut off :o) and are only suited for casual use like playing mp3s.
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

i have also such an AC series soundcard within my laptop
and as i said with asio4all drivers, and cubase latency compensation it all works quite fine!!