that 'wet' sound...

- ask away
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

moisture is the essance of wetness, and wetness is the essance of beauty.
dunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dunkel »

leecurtiss wrote:moisture is the essance of wetness, and wetness is the essance of beauty.
LOL
zoolander owns!
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
Dopplereffekt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dopplereffekt »

It sounds like subtle sweeping frequencies but I am not quite sure...
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Where/how do you do most of your production?

Biggest advice, non-specific to the sound you are looking for:

Experiment with processors, reverb units, delays and different combinations. You would be amazed at what you can do with a little iningenuity.. it's the kinda stuff you have to try out though and learn for yourself by experimenting. LFO and waveform oscillation is real handy too, as well as creative filtering. Pitch is also important. You really just have to get down and gritty and figure things out. I'm a Reason user myself and even if you don't own Reason, playing with a copy will really help you figure out some things.. rreason is a great 'sandbox' for learning some of the weirder stuff you can do by abusing devices. Some of Reasons strange audio flaws in some of the devices help too and allow you to create some neat sounds even if they are the resiult of the shortcomings of the software.

So in a nutshell, try out playing with bandpass and comb filters, different types of reverb at different degrees of size and different parameters, same with delays.. just experiment. You will find that sound eventually, and you will discover some new ideas along the way I bet.
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

that's actually a great tip... looking for the flaws of devices and using them to create something totally different.
when I look around I see some people doing great stuff with material that was intended to do something totally different. I guess this comes down to ignoring presets.
oh yeah, and remember to have fun ;) if you're head bounces to what you hear then it's all good.
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

the spring tank effect in reaktor is good for getting a wet/organic kind of sound
midgetfidget
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by midgetfidget »

I can get similar sounds by running percussion through an envelope following filter, then through some analog sounding delay.

for free vsts try the arcdev delays, and the filterbank filter plug.