Paying for remix parts is a disgrace

- ask away
xxmmxx
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Paying for remix parts is a disgrace

Post by xxmmxx »

I cannot believe the nerve of some people. Here's my little tip for people that charge for remix parts of their latest song....

First of all, we're doing YOU a favor by doing the remix, not the other way around. We invest time into doing a remix, which you should be thankful for. The remixers are also doing you a favor by giving you potentially thousands of different remixes of 1 song, thereby potentially increasing the marketability of the final product, which doesn't cost you anything. Competitions like this also come with a lot of hype, again free advertising and word of mouth which will benefit the label/original artist. So far I've listed only a few things but already it's clearly evident that participants are getting ripped off. The bottom line is.. you expect us to pay money to do YOU a favor!!???

I highly discourage anyone from paying for remix parts of any song ever. We cannot allow this trend to become the norm.
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

OK. Or you can just ignore it.
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Paying for remix parts is a disgrace

Post by JCH »

xxmmxx wrote:I cannot believe the nerve of some people. Here's my little tip for people that charge for remix parts of their latest song....

First of all, we're doing YOU a favor by doing the remix, not the other way around. We invest time into doing a remix, which you should be thankful for. The remixers are also doing you a favor by giving you potentially thousands of different remixes of 1 song, thereby potentially increasing the marketability of the final product, which doesn't cost you anything. Competitions like this also come with a lot of hype, again free advertising and word of mouth which will benefit the label/original artist. So far I've listed only a few things but already it's clearly evident that participants are getting ripped off. The bottom line is.. you expect us to pay money to do YOU a favor!!???

I highly discourage anyone from paying for remix parts of any song ever. We cannot allow this trend to become the norm.
Just another step in the evolution of labels not wanting to spend money on artists and releases. Same as all the labels that offer contests for doing artwork.

Why pay when we can get it for free.............
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

JCH wrote:
xxmmxx wrote:I cannot believe the nerve of some people. Here's my little tip for people that charge for remix parts of their latest song....

Just another step in the evolution of labels not wanting to spend money on artists and releases. Same as all the labels that offer contests for doing artwork.

Why pay when we can get it for free.............
we are entering to the new world of "FREE"...
contests get free tracks to sell
you remix for free
and then your friend download it for free in some blog or something.
the cicly of free sh*t
:( :( :(
is kind of sad, but is the reality
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

sorry i misunderstood the thing...but yeah is not good paying for samples and then spend time remixing something that you dont know if is going to be released.
but some pleope likes it...
i think the people who sells samples for just a remix contest..they lose potencial remixers.
maybe is all about money...maybe they can earn more money by selling samples than selling a good remix.
money makes what money wants!
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

i think the whole thing is pretty dull tbh. much more interesting things to spend your time and money on than matt dear's loops.

i'm wondering what the copyright situation is on these 'paid for' loops/samples anyway. presumably you could just release it yourself or sign it to some other label seeing as you now own them. You can do this when you buy a sample & loops cd for example.

aren't they just encouraging people to use the parts in their traktor/ableton set? the next step in digital djing? not only can you dload the track, but you can buy the individual parts.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i totally agree.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

clubfoot wrote:aren't they just encouraging people to use the parts in their traktor/ableton set? the next step in digital djing? not only can you dload the track, but you can buy the individual parts.
hehe, I only want that kick from that track!!! awesome kick! :D
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...